[Fixed] [2.10] M1, huge road issues

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
andy194
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 00:25

MandelSoft wrote:Something went wrong on the sector borders, specifically between sector -0011 -0005 and -0011 -0004. An improper merge causes the M1 to kink unnaturally. By reverting -0011 -0005 to an earlier version (from 2.03) fixed the issue, at least on our end.
will we get a fix or do we avoid.??or do we roll back to 2.03 which seems to be a more stable build.

ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2016 00:37

2.10 is by far the most stable build of ProMods ever released, we have resolved more than 750 bugs prior to the release.

We will collect evidence of the most serious issues in 2.10 over the next few days and release a hotfix to fix urgent issues like this one.

This bug is a direct result of our work in improving & rebuilding the UK, so you should be grateful that work has been done there ;)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

andy194
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 00:50

ScuL wrote:2.10 is by far the most stable build of ProMods ever released, we have resolved more than 750 bugs prior to the release.

We will collect evidence of the most serious issues in 2.10 over the next few days and release a hotfix to fix urgent issues like this one.

This bug is a direct result of our work in improving & rebuilding the UK, so you should be grateful that work has been done there ;)
how should i be grateful???? sounds like u having a go me.i raised a point and asked if it was going to be fixed..

ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2016 01:06

I'm merely making a point. You're making some rampant statements about stability of a product that had a team of 40 people working on it for 6 months.. free of charge. Of course there are going to be oversights, one minor mishap is absolutely no justification to claim the entire release is full of bugs.

We receive a continuous stream of requests about working in the UK and we have picked up some serious redevelopment of the map in the UK, so in areas that border development territory inconsistencies can and will arise. They are easily fixed though.. just have some patience please.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

andy194
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 01:32

ScuL wrote:I'm merely making a point. You're making some rampant statements about stability of a product that had a team of 40 people working on it for 6 months.. free of charge. Of course there are going to be oversights, one minor mishap is absolutely no justification to claim the entire release is full of bugs.

We receive a continuous stream of requests about working in the UK and we have picked up some serious redevelopment of the map in the UK, so in areas that border development territory inconsistencies can and will arise. They are easily fixed though.. just have some patience please.
i always pay for your map and always will because i think your map is the best and will always pay fot each version because u and everbody work damm hard!!.in regards to your statment about rampant statements about stability i was referring to 2.03 which in my view was a very stable build and didnt seem to have many bugs at release...

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 02:02

The point you are forgetting is that 2.03 was only an adaptation for ETS2 1.24, but not much changed in there, since 2.00. Furthermore, 2.03 also fixed bugs that were still present from 2.0.
In Germany, we have the saying "You can't compare apples with pears", but that's exactly what you are doing. This 2.1 version is a major update with about 50 cities or even more with a lot of new areas. You can always find bugs in there even though they have already fixed 750 (!, just imagine that number, that's a lot and I don't want to know, how much work and time this took). So, of course, compared to 2.03, the 2.0 might appear less stable, but you forget that there are lots of new areas.
That's why, it could only be fair to compare 2.1 with 2.0 and this comparison tells me that 2.1 is really really stable. No CTDs (at least none found so far) and only a few bugs. If I remember back to 2.0, this version was just a mess compared to 2.1. It even took 3 hotfixes, if I remember correctly, to get out all of the CTDs. 2.03 was just based on 2.0 and it's many fixes, 2.01 and 2.02 and was almost only an adaptation to a new version of ETS.
As I told before, you should only compare things that are comparable. So, major updates can be compared to major updates and concerning this, 2.1 is the best and most stable major update version that has ever been released by ProMods so far.

reggiekray

10 Aug 2016 09:02

I do say well done to the team for being the biggist map of all,,there will be hickups a long the way...but they bring out great maps with out this i think ets 2 would be boring in detail .so congrats to the team well done

Semp14
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 09:36

Great to hear this is being resolved, thanks!

As I said above, its one issue in a huge map full of (amazing) improvements not only for the UK but across the board. That there aren't more problems like this is a huge credit to the skill and time the Promods team put into this map. Although I was not there yet to experience previous major releases, as far as major releases go we have a fully playable, stable product right out of the box, a rarity in today's world... :)

Stringbean

10 Aug 2016 18:11

Ok,..I've just downloaded Promods 2.10 and have come across the exact same problem with a wall that runs right across the M1 near the London end,.. Ikea/Euro Goodies. Terrible bug! There is just no way past.

andy194
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 20:22

Lugge-Trucker wrote:The point you are forgetting is that 2.03 was only an adaptation for ETS2 1.24, but not much changed in there, since 2.00. Furthermore, 2.03 also fixed bugs that were still present from 2.0.
In Germany, we have the saying "You can't compare apples with pears", but that's exactly what you are doing. This 2.1 version is a major update with about 50 cities or even more with a lot of new areas. You can always find bugs in there even though they have already fixed 750 (!, just imagine that number, that's a lot and I don't want to know, how much work and time this took). So, of course, compared to 2.03, the 2.0 might appear less stable, but you forget that there are lots of new areas.
That's why, it could only be fair to compare 2.1 with 2.0 and this comparison tells me that 2.1 is really really stable. No CTDs (at least none found so far) and only a few bugs. If I remember back to 2.0, this version was just a mess compared to 2.1. It even took 3 hotfixes, if I remember correctly, to get out all of the CTDs. 2.03 was just based on 2.0 and it's many fixes, 2.01 and 2.02 and was almost only an adaptation to a new version of ETS.
As I told before, you should only compare things that are comparable. So, major updates can be compared to major updates and concerning this, 2.1 is the best and most stable major update version that has ever been released by ProMods so far.
Take a look at the posts,and see how many are about invisible walls.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information