[Fixed] Going East! DLC causing road sign issues

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
hansolo8

20 Sep 2013 12:03

there is a problem with road signs.
for example, drive from bratislava to budapest the sign on the highway show (without promods installed)

with promods on it looks like this:

this problem show by all signs at the borders from the original map to the going east map when promods is installed.

ScuL
Founder

20 Sep 2013 12:30

It looks like a conflict of material overlay files which is strange as we haven't got any files that overwrite Hungary.

I will investigate the problem (I haven't tested the DLC myself yet)

-edit-

Ah you are saying original borders. I already know why that is the case because it's the old sector loaded..
Don't worry this will be updated very soon!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Thrakazog

24 Sep 2013 08:11

LOL......you know, I've been seeing the signs with the X's all over them.....and I honestly thought it was some weird euro signage thing I didn't know about that was added in with the DLC. I wondered what the X's meant......lol

Dads94

25 Sep 2013 16:40

Hello everybody !
I installed the going east addon. And after, the game don't accept the promods maps of scandinavia ! The game stop all the time. Somebody can help me to install the scandinavia maps please? I don't know if there are an other version of the scandinavia maps how is compatible with 1.5.2 Going East version of ETS2.
Thank you

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2013 21:01

Can you post the game.log.txt with it.

More details about versions, other mods etc...
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

busterbrown

30 Sep 2013 02:19

Thrakazog wrote:LOL......you know, I've been seeing the signs with the X's all over them.....and I honestly thought it was some weird euro signage thing I didn't know about that was added in with the DLC. I wondered what the X's meant......lol

Thrakazog, the X's on the road exchange signs only means that You the player ( not the AI ) can NOT use that exchange because SCS--or--ProMods have not put in the roads for that section of the map. Ever notice that an AI vehicle can go thru the XXXX's and you can't?

Those XXX's also have been from the begining of ETS2.
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2013 22:45

Well yes, they have... but in this specific case there is a conflict between ProMods map and the DLC. See ScuL's reply where he acknowledges this.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

busterbrown

01 Oct 2013 06:32

@n4gix.bill.leaming

OK I'll go along with that but these old eyes have not seen any conflict yet. When I see map as I near the XXXX ramps I never see a grey road nor yellow past the XXXX. In other words what I've seen ( and I've all of europe before DLC and most of the DLC part completely covered ) are complete into ProMods land. The XXXX signs are just what they mean for all players--It's a no go.

Yeah I know I must be wrong but so help me I can't see it. If I do though I'm going to take a pic and code it. :)

Then after that I'm going to print it out and hang it up on my wall and while looking at it thinking to myself......Quit arguing with the fellows. :oops: :?
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2013 06:37

I think you guys talk about two different things. Busterbrown is talking, I think, about the barrier that blocks the road so you can't enter it (arrows or sings).

The issue here is that ProMods has still parts of v1.4.1 in the map files where SCS still but some red XXXX on the nav signs to show that nothing is going there which is a bug that can be solved easily but it will need a new version to be released.... At least I think that is what you guys are talking about :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

busterbrown

01 Oct 2013 07:06

@Nico,

Oh gee thanks Nico. Now I am confused. :? :? :? :? :D

Well I'm still driving over to where hansolo8 post the pics. Was sleepy ( 1:03 AM here ) now I'm burning rubber to the suspect :)

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information