[Fixed] [1.01] Game crash when opening job list

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
Bolejo88

14 Oct 2013 19:00

This solution did not help me

busterbrown

14 Oct 2013 19:40

Yeah I could try that Nico. I really do not want to start all over again using my new profile but thought that best at the time. Call me crazy if you want but I still think its related to around level 41. Unless someone confirms that they got the "Job Bug" with a lot less than level 41 or way over level 41 then I will heed to that and forget the level 41 idea.

You know I envey you programers and must give you a lot of credit. :mrgreen: I on the other hand would never attempt the idea. :)
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

aderek79

15 Oct 2013 05:53

I tried the fix removing the economy_data.sii file from promods-def.scs.

Game still crashes.

Pasilius

15 Oct 2013 06:46

busterbrown wrote:Yeah I could try that Nico. I really do not want to start all over again using my new profile but thought that best at the time. Call me crazy if you want but I still think its related to around level 41. Unless someone confirms that they got the "Job Bug" with a lot less than level 41 or way over level 41 then I will heed to that and forget the level 41 idea.

You know I envey you programers and must give you a lot of credit. :mrgreen: I on the other hand would never attempt the idea. :)
I was somewhere around 90-96 when it happened to me -.-
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

BULIGO

15 Oct 2013 16:17

Hi guys and girls!
Just registered on the forum because I've read about the problem with game freezing on opening the jobs panel.
Wanted to say that it happened to me too today. But, I don't have Scandinavia nor the DLC maps installed!
I play the original map plus the TSM map (wanted to taste a bit of desert lol).
I don't know if my experience can help but this is what I 'discovered' so far:
The bug happens when i 'discover' a next city on the map. In my case Casablanca :) I save my game 10 meters before the city-discovery trigger, and im fine, can go anywhere pick anything to anyplace. 10 meters further, the city is discovered, boom, no more job panel. I tried to back up a little and discover another city, different area, same result. Lke the total number of 'discovered' cties is limited or the total number of offered jobs is a finite number or..
Thanks for reading, please, get us out of our misery guys :)

Moh1336

15 Oct 2013 18:49

Okay, so I have just had this bug for the first time. I play a couple of hours a day for the past couple of weeks and it's only now started to be a problem.

I have legit copies of the game/DLC, both of which I have had since day one and got promods just before the update to 1.01 was released.

Since the DLC launch I have done several trips to Poland and opened the following cities: Gdansk, Olsztyn, Warszawa, Lodz, Krakow, Barska-Bystrica, Lublin and Karlstad.

Today I have gone from Sheffield to Lublin, then Lublin to Karlstad. (both Lublin and Karlstad for the first time) - For me Karlstad is where the crashes started.

For the record I am level 70.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2013 18:50

Thanks for that new insight and analasis of the problem. Could you maybe provide some extra stats? for example km of roads discovered, number of cities discovered, percentage of map discovered etc...

Thank you very much!
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

BULIGO

15 Oct 2013 19:31

In my case: lvl 45. Before installing the TSR map the 'stock' map was discovered about 95%. Silly, I know, but I wanted it to be 100% so checked every nook and cranny in every town i could, every quarry and rusty factory, grey was the colour of the enemy, yellow was fine. looks like it was a bad idea, maybe too many streets/connections/intersections/yadda's discovered. Another thing: after installing the new map-mod, I discovered 35 new cities and the game got south.Wityh 34 new ones all was well, the 35th did the shebang. I wonder if the Skandi map + GoEast one together bring 35 or more new cities? Just a thought.
Disclaimer: I am NOT claiming TSM is better/worse/equal of Skandinavia map and the DLC one, I just want to play them all, the more new cities/roads we get, the better. Let's each one decide for themselves which is 'better' etc :roll:
Kudos to you all.

Moh1336

15 Oct 2013 19:53

Since I had an autosave right outside of Kalstad I tested what Buligo posted. Same thing as he described.

Right outside of Karlstad at the traffic lights I can open the job list. Tried again as soon as the "discovered karlstad" message pops up and the job list crashes the game.

With 14 cities left to unlock everything is fine. ( I can name the undiscovered cities if need be)

Map wise I have explored 80.65%

To further test the problem. I reloaded the save before discovering Karlstad, cancelled the job and did a run to Turku. When the "discovered turku" message popped up I tried the job list and it worked. So the issue does not appear to be related to the amount of cities unlocked either.

EDIT: For the sake of testing a theory, after the Turku test, I did a run from Oslo to Karlstad. This time after the discovery message there was no issue with the job list. I am wondering if the issue might be when going from a DLC city to an undiscovered Map mod city (or vice versa)?

Edit: So I just reloaded my original save and completed the original Karlstad run. This time the job list didn't crash. No idea why it did previously and not now.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2013 21:23

For me it is difficult to provide the stats, as I contine to play rhe game by just looking for jobs in companies. At that time I had level 41, about 130tkm, the tip was from Warsaw to Lublin, but with no trailer (in Warsaw there was nothing available to Poland and I wanted to explore some of my home country). At that time I had discovered all the cities from the original map + Scandinavia, and a couple of the DLC ones (most of them, actually, apart from Olsztyn, Bialystok and Debrecen, as I think, but I might be wrong, this was some time ago).

Anyway, since that time ther are short periods when the job list opens OK, but then, usually after 1-2 trips it crashes again. At the moment I have 91% of the map, 148tkm, level 46.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information