[Fixed] [1.01] Game crash when opening job list

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
johan2258
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 07:51

I'm not sure if this is related, but before I removed the map the job list (when it would open) was showing up distorted towards right hand side near the end of the scroll list.

Before this reaching this page the list shows correctly then it turns into this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2troxi6mnmp9emj/er.jpg
(This is a photoshop example, I forgot to take a screen shot while the map was installed.)

After this every other page is completely black. But you can still click on a job and it will show up on the map part.

When I saw this post I checked my Job list and it's the same for me.
If I go to the last page that shows correctly and then klick to the next page the jobs flashes by
like I clicked to the last page(even though there's 5 pages left) and then it looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/guldm21gwxghq ... 4947_6.jpg
(photo taken with my phone. For some reason Printsceen refused to work)

And the following pages are blank. There's no pictures of the available jobs. But I can click on the blank list and it will show up on the map part.

SCS redesigned the Job market in the 1.4.x update.
GAMEPLAY

Redesigned Job Market's job listing to be able scroll through all jobs
Maybe there's a compatibility problem with the Promod map when the DLC is added because of that?
I have no idea if it's relevant. Just a thought...

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 09:29

Passillius, your save game is infected with TSM I noticed :
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.thessa)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.perpignan)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.volos)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.split)
Normally game crashes happen earlier with theses errors I thought. Also you have some mods that use old def lines... maybe update them if possible.
A buying truck crash can be caused by this: 00:00:44.783 : <ERROR> Invalid addon data (/def/vehicle/truck/scania.50k_r_high/accessory/sunshld/hc04.sii)!

2 of the log contain:
00:00:25.289 : <WARNING> Company 'company.permanent.skoda': input list is not empty! The list should be defined using the new directory-based mechanism.

Should not cause problems.

All of them contain this:
<ERROR> Mismatch between number of road materials and road kerb materials. Might cause a crash

Something we know of but should not cause crashes in freight market....
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Pasilius

22 Oct 2013 11:25

Nico wrote:Passillius, your save game is infected with TSM I noticed :
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.thessa)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.perpignan)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.volos)
00:00:40.400 : <ERROR> Garage spawn point not found! (kdop_link.garage.split)
Normally game crashes happen earlier with theses errors I thought. Also you have some mods that use old def lines... maybe update them if possible.
A buying truck crash can be caused by this: 00:00:44.783 : <ERROR> Invalid addon data (/def/vehicle/truck/scania.50k_r_high/accessory/sunshld/hc04.sii)!
Yeah, I used TSM before your map was released. But that and the sunshield defs are not crashing my game when not using ProMods -.-
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

BULIGO

22 Oct 2013 17:02

Just learned today from one of the game developers: the game will crash if you have total 1000 generated jobs. It messes up the UI (jobs interface). SCS is working on fixing this (probably the fix will come with one of the nest incoming patches). He said it's not that the number of jobs is limited, simply the UI part of displaying all available jobs suffers from it killing the game. This confirms what our friend wrote earlier, the garbled display of the last page(s) on the job's list etc. Well, there is a light at the end of our tunnel, eventually.

P.S. My humble opinion: I NEVER guessed I had 1000+jobs available. OK, hundreds yes, but 1000? Oh well, what do I know..time to count my beans :lol:

ScuL
Founder

22 Oct 2013 17:16

BULIGO wrote:Just learned today from one of the game developers: the game will crash if you have total 1000 generated jobs. It messes up the UI (jobs interface). SCS is working on fixing this (probably the fix will come with one of the nest incoming patches). He said it's not that the number of jobs is limited, simply the UI part of displaying all available jobs suffers from it killing the game. This confirms what our friend wrote earlier, the garbled display of the last page(s) on the job's list etc. Well, there is a light at the end of our tunnel, eventually.

P.S. My humble opinion: I NEVER guessed I had 1000+jobs available. OK, hundreds yes, but 1000? Oh well, what do I know..time to count my beans :lol:
Awesome well at least that proves that it hasn't got anything to do with our stuff!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BULIGO

22 Oct 2013 17:28

@Scul: it does! You...added new cities!!
Just kidding! :D

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 17:31

Let's make a version without the cities :p

Good to know the problem, hopefully people can soon use ProMods with it's full features :D

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 17:51

I just read Max's reply in the SCS forums myself. It was interesting to learn that my armchair analysis was correct. The UI simply doesn't have enough "slots" available to display the total number of jobs being generated, which causes the UI to collapse and generate a CTD.

It's simply a case of an earlier design decision that got overlooked while SCS was busy refactoring the map system to allow for future growth. I can imagine some programmer thinking at the time, "Hey, a thousand jobs is probably more than enough..."

...sort of like how Bill Gates reputedly once claimed "640K is more memory than anyone will ever need on a computer..."

The which of course Bill never actually said, but still the basic fallacy of absolute limits is apt. :ugeek:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Moh1336

22 Oct 2013 19:57

Well if that is the issue, I hope they can include the fix in the 1.7 patch (or sooner) so I can re-add the map. Though having read Max's post, it doesn't seem like it's a priority for them.

As far as it probably being overlooked goes, I think they did a far bit (in respects to general modding) of that making this game.

They've always been helpful for modding, but certain choices clearly didn't have skinners in mind. Such as changing the truck/company templates from the UKTS style to the current one. I miss being able to skin each type of trailer individually and on BOTH SIDES. Ahem. :P /minirant

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2013 20:26

Moh1336:
You still can and it's easier since you don't need to mind the original look of the truck. You only need to find the correct mat file and than create a new tobj and dds directory. Nothing hard about that and I actually adore the new system.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information