unclimbable road section in Iceland interior

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

14 Mar 2016 07:40

Code: Select all

cannot climb hill even in 1st gear ; [13/03/2016  17:00] (sec-0020-0025);-79372.1;81.3783;-97706.4
 still cannot climb even slight grade ; [13/03/2016  17:01] (sec-0020-0025);-79375;93.6019;-97650.5
So, I completed a delivery and then went for a joyride across Iceland on the back roads. [And it was a joy ride too, a real joy. My hat is off to whoever designed the scenery and roads in the interior!] I drove with care on snowy roads, enjoying the unfenced drop-offs and spectacular views, and was doing fine until I reached this one particular stretch (see coords above).

For some reason the truck just would not move forward, even in first gear. This piece of road did not seem that much steeper than any other, and was no snowier than other areas, and I had no trouble anywhere else, just this one small section of road. So I teleported past it and continued my journey, taking more pictures per hour than I have ever taken anywhere else!

The windy mountain roads, stunning views and varied terrain (snow, tundra, rock, rivers, lakes, snowy mountains etc) make this area truly outstanding. I know I will return to Iceland many times. Thanks so much, devs, for this treat. Iceland is a gem. I hope to post some travel pics in "Share the Love" soon...
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

ScuL
Founder

15 Mar 2016 07:29

Were you driving automatic or manual? You will find that manual gears will deal better with the roads in Iceland
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2016 07:31

and make sure your engine is strong enough
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2016 19:04

I have been using automatic tranny but I may switch to manual just for the additional challenge and fun.

BTW I want to say again, that the topography in Iceland is a big part of its appeal. The steep grades, winding roads, varied surfaces, grand high mountains, sudden expansive vistas, all very appealing. I hope that there will be more mountainous roads in Europe to explore -- the Pyrenees, the Alps etc. I remember that ETS1 was not too unambitious with its mountain ranges -- modest hilliness, not much sense of grand scale. The mountains between Russia and Europe barely exist in RusMap as I recall, a disappointment. But Iceland has now raised the bar tremendously for terrain. It has been my all-time best few hours of ETS2 time, and my expectations are now higher :-) that's the trouble with success eh, people expect you to live up to it!

Sent you guys a donation in gratitude for the hours of smilin' time you have provided with your great artwork.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

22 Oct 2018 16:20

not a bug
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information