[SOLVED] Textures going C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
KING OF ESSEX

10 Aug 2013 21:49

Boeing73FLY wrote:
Jegge wrote:
Boeing73FLY wrote:I just want to point out, and it may / may not be the exact cause but, most of these users having the same problem are using AMD video cards (including me) and 1 Nvidia person also had it. So I assume something is fishy here with AMD (and some Nvidia cards) and ETS2...
Well , I have a AMD Radeon graphic cart, and I dont have any problems what so ever with the textures, it could be the drivers that people are using, its seen before that sometimes people are geting trouble with graphics after updating drivers, and after a rollback to an earlier driver version, every thing is working normal again.

But again, maybe this could be the problem or maybe not, to find out you need to get the people that has this problem to try it out :)
What is your graphics driver version?
Without going off topic My drivers are:...

Display Driver ver. 12.104
OpenCL(tm) Driver ver. 10.0.1124.2
Catalyst Control Center ver. 2013.0328.2217.38225

hetsar
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2013 21:52

I also have this issue. its the weirdest thing I have ever seen happen to a game because of a mod. It also only happens when you go on an area of the map mod, it just randomly changes as soon as you go into a modded area.

Specs
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
XFX ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
XFX Pro 550W PSU
4GB RAM (Damn 32bit limit!)
DirectX 11
Windows 7 32 Bit

EnVi Sweden Rules

10 Aug 2013 22:54

i use: Nvida GeForce 220 - Graphic card, and i dont get this problem. and i'm happy for that Graphic card, but i want an better :P

papanebo

10 Aug 2013 23:57

Starting the game through troubleshoot_dx9.cmd (in Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86) seems to fix the issue. I'll test this more tomorrow.

The ones who have the same issue, could use the same method and we can compare the results.

Boeing73FLY

11 Aug 2013 03:31

papanebo wrote:Starting the game through troubleshoot_dx9.cmd (in Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86) seems to fix the issue. I'll test this more tomorrow.

The ones who have the same issue, could use the same method and we can compare the results.
Please do. I hope this works! Maybe someone else can also verify this fix (of course, those who have the issue). At the moment I am busy with life (family errands, you know).
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

Boeing73FLY

11 Aug 2013 15:01

papanebo wrote:Starting the game through troubleshoot_dx9.cmd (in Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86) seems to fix the issue. I'll test this more tomorrow.

My friend, you have found the fix to the messed-up textures! I drove from Felixstowe (UK) to Esbjerg (DK) for the first test run in DX9, then from Esbjerg (DK) to Verona (I). I have yet to explore more of Scandinavia.

:idea: So it does involve something with the type of graphics after all; neither whether you have steam or not nor what graphics card you have. DX9 seems to be the most compatible apart from OpenGL and Safe Mode. No matter what type of graphics card or version you are running, the game must be running through DirectX.

Everyone, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\troubleshoot_dx9.cmd , and the problem is solved! After running the .CMD file, you can start ETS2 as normal in the future.

Special thanks to papanebo for the solution!
--
It's officially about time to livestream again! :D Check in here: http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=96
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

kassisetä
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2013 15:24

Boeing73FLY wrote:

My friend, you have found the fix to the messed-up textures! I drove from Felixstowe (UK) to Esbjerg (DK) for the first test run in DX9, then from Esbjerg (DK) to Verona (I). I have yet to explore more of Scandinavia.

:idea: So it does involve something with the type of graphics after all; neither whether you have steam or not nor what graphics card you have. DX9 seems to be the most compatible apart from OpenGL and Safe Mode. No matter what type of graphics card or version you are running, the game must be running through DirectX.

Everyone, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\troubleshoot_dx9.cmd , and the problem is solved! After running the .CMD file, you can start ETS2 as normal in the future.

Special thanks to papanebo for the solution!
--
It's officially about time to livestream again! :D Check in here: http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=96
Thanks! This worked for me too :D

ScuL
Founder

11 Aug 2013 15:33

Very good news guys!!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

papanebo

11 Aug 2013 16:16

I'm glad i could help guys :) It would be a waste not be able to enjoy this wonderful map!
Boeing73FLY wrote:
Hmm...it seems that if you run the game once through troubleshoot_gl.cmd, the game uses OpenGL every time, even when launched through eurotrucks2.exe. The same if you run it through troubleshoot_dx9.cmd. It switches to DirectX and uses that for ever until you change it again....

My guess is that those who had this bug, used OpenGL to run the game sometime in the past and the game kept on running with OpenGL after that. At least i know i used OpenGL sometime ago, just for testing purposes and didn't switch back to DirectX afterwards.

djk-transport

18 Aug 2013 11:20

OMG OMG OMG!!!
Thank you so much guys! I have had the same problem as you, but the Troubleshooting worked it out!
I where almost getting crazy and crying because I couldnt figure out what to do. But now it works fine again (for now)
Have any of you expirenced any problems after running the Troubleshooting? :)

Regards Daniel

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information