[2.17] Smoke effect is causing bad visibility issues

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2017 04:50

The smoke effect at the accident on the highway in the ProMods portion of Russia is causing some bad visibility issues.
It's obscuring the ambulance and the paramedics at the roadside when heading north. It wasn't this bad in previous versions of ProMods.
I don't know if there are settings for the smoke effect, but perhaps the smoke could be made smaller and not quite so solid white?
(I get the feeling that SCS Software has changed the smoke effects from what they were at the time that this effect was placed on the map.)
Location: (sec+0013-0026);54732;-15.0153;-101774;-0.226984;-0.12051

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2017 13:46

I'm not getting any problems with visibility myself. Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in your game?
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2017 00:12

I did another run through this area earlier today.
It does not appear to be a bug, but can be an issue when approaching from the south.
It's one of those "it's only a problem in certain viewing angles" problems while negotiating the curve there.

This is not really a problem anymore, I guess.
I do feel that the smoke effect is too large though as it's bigger than the truck.
This can be moved to "Not a Bug" I guess.

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information