Don't think it's intended like this.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2018 17:48

I think your marker is just placed on the wrong side of the road in the second screenshot. That's why it's directing you the wrong way.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2018 17:52

but why is it leading me right way, when I place that marker at the exit like in first pic? Because the marker no.2 is the same marker than marker no.1 in second screenshot.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2018 18:37

I think in the first screenshot you are being routed up and down that road a few times, and it is turning you around at the prefab at the first junction.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2018 16:10

When I dirve there, the marker disappeared when I came from the right way and it didn't route me up and down that route. It only wanted to turn right at the first junction and then turn around , but the marker disappeard before I enterend that junction point, so it wasn't necessary.
I also noticed that I don't need that marker on the first junction, it only tries to route me that weird when I place the marker to close to Linz, if it's farther away it also works. Adn there's no way that I placed it on the wrong sde, because it's a road with only one lane each way. So you can't place it on other lanes, only on that point.
Without any markers the GPS would lead me one junction farther and then to Linz on the other route. I only placed the marker to get to the ?-Point to unlock it and then I noticed it tries to route me that weird.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

Josh0

11 Feb 2018 20:16

Trucker2223 wrote:
11 Feb 2018 16:10
Without any markers the GPS would lead me one junction farther and then to Linz on the other route.
I think that is probably because, by default, the GPS favors highway travel over secondary road travel (in this case, favoring 4-lane roads over a 2-lane road). Assuming your job destination was Posped (Waberer's if you are using the ProMods TCP company replacement), I confirm that the default GPS route (no waypoints placed) takes the player through the second Linz exit on A1:

The placement of your first waypoint is causing the problem with your expectations: your waypoint is being placed after (to the Southwest of) the recruitment agency (the grey box question mark on the map). If you zoom in, you can see better where the waypoint is being placed in this scenario (see my picture below). Because the waypoint is after the recruitment agency, the GPS algorithm looks for a place to "turn around" to get you to your destination company. The GPS can't find a place to turn around until the A1/150 interchange outside Salzburg so it routes to there, then routes back along A1 to get you to your destination company.
The pink arrows show the route coming from A8, to A1, to the second Linz exit, to the waypoint near the recruitment agency.
The orange arrows show the route coming from the waypoint, to A1, to the A1/150 interchange outside Salzburg.
The green arrows show the route back along A1, to the second Linz exit again, to the destination company.

As you have already pointed out (in your first picture), you can make the GPS take the secondary road (first Linz exit) if you place another waypoint at the first exit. This change makes the initially-placed waypoint, now waypoint #2, before the recruitment agency, so there is no longer a need for the GPS to find a way to "turn around" to reach your destination company.

If you place your waypoint at the recruitment agency, then the GPS will route as you expect, allowing the player to turn around at the recruitment agency.

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information