[FIXED] Can not open file as part of Archive

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
rd051

03 Jan 2016 02:49

I have fixed this problem for me. Turns out the problem was that my files were not exactly 204,800kb each (take a look at the imgur link, only 1 or 2 of them was correctly sized), which they must be except the last one which has to be 49,803kb. I kept redownloading them until they I got them in the correct size, and it worked.

Hope this helps someone else too!

Ok, so this is my first time installing ETS mods, I have previous experience with GTA 4 and 5, which uses a completely different system that has always worked for me. Please bear me with me!

So I started out by paying the 1$ for the supposed "1 file version", but I was taken to a link with two files (which I downloaded, both) and got the error described in the title when using the newest version of 64bit 7-zip to open it. I also tried with Winrar, which says the archive is corrupted. Yes, I've tried redownloading it.

My process:

I will put the files in 1 folder (I've tried a folder on my deskptop, or the mod folder in My Documents, same result), and attempt to open the file called "promods-v200.7z.001" in the FREE version, and the "promods-v200_part1.7z" file in the PAID version. I've also attempted to EXTRACT the file, to no avail. Same result whether I double-click it or use "extract here", it can not open the file as part of archive, whatever that means.

I'm using:
Windows 8 64bit,
Chrome and/or Firefox

Also, your guide shows that there is an "scs" file, but I have no such file. The free version gives 6 download links, but your guide shows 7 files for the free version, including that "scs" file which I do not have. Here's a picture of how the files look:
http://imgur.com/o0WouOy

So what have I done wrong, when both the paid and the free versions do not work?

I am not an expert on these things so paying the 1$ for the supposedly hassle-free version seemed like a good deal, I would truly appreciate some help with getting either version installed.
Last edited by rd051 on 03 Jan 2016 14:58, edited 2 times in total.

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2016 04:17

The paid version is now 2 files because we have exceeded the 1GB limit. Unfortunately the installation guides have not been updated because we need 26 translations first.

Have you updated your 7-Zip to the latest version? (This is very important).

PS: I noticed your files are not whole.. all files must be 204,800kb, except for the last part (006)

PS2: Also you seem to have extracted the def file, whereas you should have promods-v200-def.scs
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

rd051

03 Jan 2016 14:17

ScuL wrote:The paid version is now 2 files because we have exceeded the 1GB limit. Unfortunately the installation guides have not been updated because we need 26 translations first.

PS: I noticed your files are not whole.. all files must be 204,800kb, except for the last part (006)

PS2: Also you seem to have extracted the def file, whereas you should have promods-v200-def.scs
Hi, thank you for your reply!

I downloaded the latest version of 7zip from their website yesterday (7-zip.org), before that I never had 7zip, so I assume that I have the latest version (15.14.0.0), yes.

Yes, for some reason my files are not whole. Maybe this is why Firefox says that the download has "failed", because it cannot download the last parts? I've redownloaded multiple times, and my internet is quite fast (90/mbps on Speedtest).

I assume that this is where the problem lies, the archives are "corrupt" because of the missing parts in the end. Is there a way to fix this for me? Also, I must say that although I haven't had similar problems before with anything non-ets, I did have the same issue with rusmaps, where I had to get it from another website after googling it, there it was not compressed, just one file with the .scs files in them. No problems there.

Edit: As for the def file, thank you, I thought I was supposed to extract it? I've now just put the .scs file in there, my bad lol. Thanks!

rd051

03 Jan 2016 14:56

ScuL wrote:The paid version is now 2 files because we have exceeded the 1GB limit. Unfortunately the installation guides have not been updated because we need 26 translations first.

Hey, it worked! I kept redownloading each file until it was exactly 204,800kb, and THAT fixed it, I could now extract by pressing extract here on the first file.

Thank you for your help!

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information