Dascher

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
barry
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2016 15:03

Hi. I have a Scania 6x2/4 and find that when entering a Dascher entrance (the arch), my trucks rear 2 axles get stuck. As the Dascher entrance is quite tight, and invariably -especially delivering a heavy load- i'm driving really slow, i always get stuck. I can neither go back or forward because of being trapped. Fortunately the press enter to skip parking pops up and i am able to finish the delivery but at the expense of losing both experiance points, and the satisfaction of correctly reverse parking the load.

I don't 'think' this is a Promods only problem but it does happen on all the Dascher sites i've delivered to. If i have a light or medium load, i can be fast enough to clear it, but suffice to say, it is a major problem with heavy loads. Would it be possible to either have a word with SCS, or replace the Dascher model without this problem.

Regards

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2016 15:05

Can you post a screenshot?

This also sounds like a mod compatibility issue.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

barry
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2016 15:30

Hi. Here's one of me trying to get out of the Dachser site. the rear wheels have no grip and just spin.

Due to image size upload restrictions i've cropped the problem area.

Hope this helps

Regards
Attachments
ets2_Dachser.jpg
ets2_Dachser.jpg (76.99 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

Vøytek
Developer

06 Jan 2016 16:18

The prefab is made like that... I also had that problem once when driving very, very slowly ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2016 16:41

This is general issue with ETS2. It happens in places like Mazet as well. The non-driven axle lifts the driving wheels clean off the ground on the sharp break in the pavement and thus stalls the truck. A solution would be to choose a lift axle chassis and manually lift the axle when negotiating an obstacle like that.

That said, you can even strand a 4x2 by driving one of the rear wheels up a kerb. There's not enough flex/droop in the standard ETS2 suspension to deal with that. Given we haven't got a working physics mod at the moment (one that addresses more than the cab physics, that is), we're a bit stuck.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information