Game crash loading existing save

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Coffeeist

05 Feb 2016 07:14

Hey all,

Decided to start dabbling with ETS2 mods recently and this came well recommended.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be playing nicely with my existing (vanilla) save. Not an old save either - it's a new profile I made when I reinstalled the game after buying Scandinavia during the Steam Winter Sale as well as a Steam Controller (side note, they work quite nicely for ETS if you're looking for something a bit less expensive than a proper wheel). In fact, while I doubt it's of consequence, this reinstall of ETS was within a few days of my doing a total Windows reinstall as part of a hardware upgrade.

Anyway, the problem is that I'll hit continue on my save, and it'll start loading, but when the bar gets a few millimeters away from completion... CTD with the standard Windows "program has stopped working" pop-up.

Naturally, I've been playing with some other mods. Nothing that I gather should really mess with ProMods (graphics enhancement, traffic AI, few new trucks), but regardless removing everything else and reloading a vanilla savegame with nothing but ProMods active was probably the first thing I tried... no dice.

So, on to Google: Saw something suggesting perhaps being in Scandinavia was of issue. Moved/saved/retried in Poland and then Germany just to be safe... no dice. Perhaps I need to move my garage out of Stockholm too? But at present I'm too poor to undertake such a thing, and I'm not particularly confident that's the issue.

Saw something about resetting the economy via profile config... no dice.

I mention these to help rule out any possibilities, in case the problem isn't as simple as it seems... but one other thing I tried is loading ProMods on a new profile... twice. First time, it crashed, but it crashed at a slightly different point than mentioned above, and happened suspiciously right after I hit the pause key on my keyboard. So, I tried again with a new profile, and it worked (although it went through a loading screen three times, for some reason)!

So, I'm guessing there's just something up with my savegame that ProMods doesn't like, and the solution is to either not use the mod for now, or start a new profile. However, I'm asking anyway, in case there's some other fix I can try, or even some way replicate my progress on a new save.

Anyway, basic info:
-Windows 10 64-bit... have tried running the game both in 32 and 64 bit (DirectX).
-i7-4790k, GTX970, 16GB RAM
-ETS2 completely updated AFAIK (1.22.something with a 6 I think)
-East and Scandinavia DLC installed
-ProMods 2
-game.log.txt:

TLDR of problem (every little detail above):
Games crashes on loading screen when trying to load an existing vanilla save after activating ProMods2. Seems to work fine when starting a new profile. Hoping theres a way to get working with old save or port progress to new one.

mbman212
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2016 07:32

Try to disable the D.B. Creations AI mod as well as move your garage to a non-Scandinavian city.

Both are known to cause CTD's unfortunately.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Coffeeist

05 Feb 2016 08:33

mbman212 wrote:Try to disable the D.B. Creations AI mod as well as move your garage to a non-Scandinavian city.

Both are known to cause CTD's unfortunately.
Appreciate the fast response, will give that shot tomorrow and report back.

Will I be able to move back to Scandinavia once everything is running, or safer just to leave it in the mainland?

mbman212
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2016 10:07

It's better to have the garage in mainland for now. The issue might be fixed for the next version though but I'm not sure.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Coffeeist

08 Feb 2016 18:23

Apologies for the long response time - busier weekend than anticipated!

Anyway, turns out the Swedish HQ was the issue - moved to Kiel, DE and have been playing fine since. Definitely worth the virtual loans to get this running!

yteenbb

20 Oct 2017 18:32

Damn I have everything same even right order of mods but still crashing when loading already saved file. I started in Venezia and in every city everything is the same,when activating mods than it crashes on loading screen. Everything is clearly done with tutorial..Help? :/

mads1153
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2017 23:45

Can you post full game.log between CODE tags or on pastebin?
Do you have tried Promods only and add one by one mod until you found the culprit?
Make sure you have updated to the latest versions for all mods.

Next time, post your own new topic instead hijacking the old topic as reminder.
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.2.5a
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5227,8 hours
ATS: Level 46 and played 796,3 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information