Missing GPS Route

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
adrian007
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2016 13:30

Hi Again seem to have to run into this slight hiccup again Image any suggestions ?
Have taken out Bora's trailer, Piva's weather mods , company mod by Satan noticed this a couple of days ago when I tried for a job between Hannover and Iceland thought nothing of it so when the new version came out started a new profile that's when this happened again .
Can I plot my own route from flag to flag or doesn't it work that way ?
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Vøytek
Developer

23 Apr 2016 13:33

Auchan in Szczecin is broken - it won't generate a route as you can see. It's caused by 1.23 changes. It's a known issue :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

adrian007
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2016 00:51

OK Thanks for that but how does this explain what happened to the same thing occurring across other routes admittedly have only encountered this on this particular route ( Germany to Poland ) and going to Iceland . Will there be a "hotfix" available or is this something that SCS only can sort out ?
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Vøytek
Developer

24 Apr 2016 01:48

It happens in every version but affects different delivery points. This time it's caused by SCS. They changed prefabs behaviour - many, many routes weren't generated in our beta versions and devs fixed as much as possible but we didn't have enough time to find every company or you would have to wait another month for 2.02 and nobody wants it ;) Major route issues and game crashes were prioritized. Many other, smaller issues can still be found even if we reported it during beta. Sometimes devs don't fix everything or it's fixed but doesn't want to cooperate and slips to public release, as it's a complex project.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

adrian007
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2016 02:37

Ok so it's a case of grin and bear it then ;) Are there any more routes affected by this or a case of spot and report them if so where do I report this and suspect you would need the location as shown by the console command gps location.
Adrian 8-)

Josh0

24 Apr 2016 03:14

adrian007 wrote:Are there any more routes affected by this or a case of spot and report them if so where do I report this and suspect you would need the location as shown by the console command gps location.
I have posted a new topic [2.02] Known jobs that fail GPS route in map that may answer some of your questions, and contains a list of already-known failing routes. If you find more failing routes please post them to that topic. The city+country and the company should be enough information for us to investigate. A picture showing the broken route in the Job Market window would also be acceptable.
adrian007 wrote:Can I plot my own route from flag to flag or doesn't it work that way ?
Unfortunately once you accept the job the game plots its own route from the source to the destination, and since it cannot find a route to the destination it will not highlight any part of the planned route. The start and end flag points cannot be manually adjusted, and setting waypoints on the World Map will have no effect - it will still fail to highlight the route.

adrian007
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2016 06:50

OK thanks Josh didn't realize this would count as a bug sorry . If it makes easier you can repost my observations here and I'll do like wise I couldn't see it but has the one for Iceland been reported yet?
Adrian 8-)

Josh0

24 Apr 2016 12:39

adrian007 wrote:OK thanks Josh didn't realize this would count as a bug sorry .
It is no problem, I think it could be classified as either a bug or a game play issue.
adrian007 wrote:... I couldn't see it but has the one for Iceland been reported yet?
I am not aware of any failing routes in Iceland with ProMods 2.02. There were a large number of Iceland locations with route problems when using ProMods 2.01 with ETS2 1.23.x, but I think/thought we identified and corrected all of them for ProMods 2.02. If you know the city and company, please report it.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information