Game not loading

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
jvanvessem
Donation rank:

19 May 2016 00:58

Josh0 wrote:
jvanvessem wrote:I would be very happy when it's working again since I don't want to give up my garage in Liechtenstein and my Liechtenstein license plates!
Zniwek wrote:Try moving your HQ to different city
jvanvessem wrote:Why to different city?
In Promods Vaduz is a location to place your head office and it still is on the map. So that shouldn't be a problem then, right? Besides, I only have 1 garage, so can't get another one and if the game is not loading to drive my own truck, I can't buy another garage.
Zniwek wrote:It was reported many times, that having HQ in some cities cause crash when you update PM version. That can be the case here, that's why I suggested it.
Zniwek is correct, there are some cities in the ProMods map which cause problems when selected as the headquarters. Usually this type of crash occurs when trying to upgrade ProMods files in an existing profile, but it does occasionally occur when creating a new profile too. This behavior is not well understood, but moving the headquarters to a city that exists in both ProMods and the base SCS game map usually works to get around the problem (I recommend cities in Germany, Stuttgart for example). Once the game is working again, and you have acquired enough money in the game to purchase the garage in the city you'd like to move to, you can relocate your headquarters to the new city.

Here is what I would recommend:
  1. Create a new profile with no mods loaded
  2. Select a headquarters in Germany
  3. Complete the first job
  4. Save the game (so that you have a "known good" savegame you can load from later, if necessary)
  5. Exit the game
  6. Launch the game, select the same profile, and add the ProMods 2.02 files to it in the Mod Manager
  7. Load the profile
If the profile loads successfully, it should tell you that changes were detected and your truck has been parked at "a safe place". Try to complete another quick job. If that works, then I'd say you have a working game/profile now.

If you were trying to upgrade ProMods files in an existing profile, and the game starting crashing while loading, the general procedure to recover is:
  1. Restore the ProMods files you were originally using with that profile, and load a savegame from before you tried to upgrade
  2. Move your headquarters to a city that exists in both ProMods and the base SCS game (Stuttgart, for example)
    • If you own any garages in other cities that are not in the base SCS game, it is recommended that you sell them
    • I also recommend parking your truck at the garage of the new headquarters city
  3. I recommend creating a savegame, then exit the game, relaunch the game, remove the ProMods files from your profile, and load the profile (this step is to force the game to recover from the absence of ProMods)
  4. Exit the game again, relaunch the game, add the upgraded ProMods files to your profile in the Mod Manager, and load the profile
If the profile loads successfully, and you can drive around in the game, then you can relocate your headquarters to its original city. In your first post you mentioned upgrading ETS2 to version 1.23.x, so you might have to downgrade ETS2 to version 1.22.x and restore one of the back-up profiles in order to run with an older version of ProMods, before attempting this recovery procedure. Once a profile has been loaded in a newer version of ETS2, (in general) that profile cannot be subsequently loaded using an older version of the game.

Callipso wrote:

Code: Select all

00:14:44.435 : <ERROR> e:\build_bot\win_slave\final_build_ets2_123_windows_bin_final_x86\build\prism\src\p3core\collections/arrays/arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@V?$vec_t@M$01@prism@@@prism@@QAEAAV?$vec_t@M$01@1@I@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
this error would seem to indicate that there is something funky going on in the mod files.
I have seen game crashes with this error message before, it is not a problem with the mod files.
Thank you for the tip but I am afraid I can't use it if you say that a save game won't load if it's opened in a newer version. I got the same problem with the MS Alex map, so I don't know what it is. It only works in the original version.

About the mod files, I tested the def, file and there was no problem and I tried to use it only with promods. I am going to try to get another HQ in a general city, see if that works and I'll just start over again :(

jvanvessem
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2018 23:50

Thanks guys, all working now for a long time again.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information