Main City (Frankfurt) slow graphics issue

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
faizanmangi

22 May 2016 07:20

I installed promod 2, when i reaches in Frankfurt city graphic comes down or works slow. how it is possible to fix this issue, i have an PC with AMD chipset, no any graphic card inserted. it is company made chipset with AMD HD 4200.
please guide me to resolve this problem.
thank you.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 May 2016 10:53

Lower you graphics settings of the game. And make sure you use an up-to-date version of your graphics driver.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

faizanmangi

22 May 2016 11:01

All settings are as Lower. I have Windows Pro 10, and it automatically updates the driver. all cities works good except subject city problem can`t fix. it maybe main city with more textures effect the whole things.

who are the developer of the promod?
my little suggestion to the mod developer, he can change some bit of changes like flares of vehicle, road turn signals shows but lights are seems dim in night.

Vøytek
Developer

22 May 2016 12:36

Well... If I had a PC like yours, I won't even try running this game. Especially with ProMods. Or at least avoid Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich - too big cities to handle for such a weak hardware.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

faizanmangi

22 May 2016 13:07

But it have AMD HD 4200 Graphics. I think it is good for this

Vøytek
Developer

22 May 2016 13:30

If Google results are correct, it's very old graphics card and it was bad even then. It barely runs old games in 30fps :/
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Josh0

22 May 2016 14:54

faizanmangi wrote:I installed promod 2, when i reaches in Frankfurt city graphic comes down or works slow. how it is possible to fix this issue, i have an PC with AMD chipset, no any graphic card inserted. it is company made chipset with AMD HD 4200.
faizanmangi wrote:

Code: Select all

00:00:00.001 : [mem] physical total: 1789M
00:00:00.001 : [mem] physical avail: 777M
00:00:00.754 : [dx9] Adapter #0: ATI Radeon HD 4200 / 355 (368) MB (aticfx32.dll, 8.17.10.1129, 20150113)
While your system CPU exceeds the minimum requirements, your system memory (1789MB) is below the minimum requirements for running this game, and GPU memory (368MB) is also much too low to expect good performance. Euro Truck Simulator 2 System Requirements
SCS minimum GPU requirements are a "GeForce GTS 450-class", which according to Wikipedia has processing performance of about 600 Giga Floating Point Operations Per Second (GFLOPS)... your ATI Radeon HD 4200 has processing performance of about 40 GFLOPS.

Callipso
Donation rank:

24 May 2016 05:27

Basically, what all this means is you need a new set of bones in your computer to run the game without problems. consider a new set of RAM sticks to bump up your specs in that area its very important to have enough memory to run this game, if you come up deficient then your game will be crashing at some point or another it would be near inevitable. there are many cheap sets of RAM sticks out there so shop around for the best price. NewEgg has some good deals on computer hardware if you need a place to start.
Also I'd highly recommend a newer GPU. Games these days guzzle all that virtual memory in a heart beat and the separate core will help keep the edge off the CPU doing all the work. your going to want something fairly new though not necessarily top of the line. This will help increase the speed to calculate and render the graphics in game.
If at some point you wish to upgrade your CPU which can be done, I'd suggest you get a newer model quad-core processor from AMD (I always find them a bit lacking in power but they are cheap and very easily overclocked) or a new model i7 quad-core from Intel (kind of pricey though its much more efficient and faster than AMD not so easy to overclock). If this is something you plan to do also make sure you match the CPU to the GPU. i.e AMD to AMD or Intel to Nvidia.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

24 May 2016 06:53

Callipso wrote:If this is something you plan to do also make sure you match the CPU to the GPU. i.e AMD to AMD or Intel to Nvidia.
That's just the typical mix of parts, you don't have to do this at all. I myself use an Intel CPU with an AMD GPU.

On topic though:
Onboard GPUs aren't for playing games, they're there to add the capability to connect a monitor and display an image on that monitor.
Your HD 4200 is too weak (And probably hasn't had a meaningful driver update in three years), get a dedicated one.

The AMD R7 250 will exceed the minimum that ETS2 expects, with 768 GFLOPs (The number of decimal number calculations it can perform in a second, measured in Billions) on offer in its cheapest variant.
Another US$10 should get you the R7 250X which nearly doubles it again with 1280 GFLOPs.

To put it in perspective, the first card I listed is just over 19 times more powerful than the chip you currently use. The second one is 32 times more powerful.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Josh0

24 May 2016 12:22

Callipso wrote:If at some point you wish to upgrade your CPU which can be done, I'd suggest you get a newer model quad-core processor from AMD (I always find them a bit lacking in power but they are cheap and very easily overclocked) or a new model i7 quad-core from Intel (kind of pricey though its much more efficient and faster than AMD not so easy to overclock).
Intel microprocessors are more efficient and faster than AMD microprocessors? On what data are you basing this claim? In general, AMD processors run at lower clock frequencies than an equivalent-performance Intel microprocessor, so I would say AMD designs are more efficient.
Callipso wrote:If this is something you plan to do also make sure you match the CPU to the GPU. i.e AMD to AMD or Intel to Nvidia.
I do not understand why this would be important or make any difference. AMD x86 CPUs are architecturally compatible to Intel CPUs, so you can use either one in a PC system. There are some feature differences but nothing that would make it incompatible with any add-on hardware like a graphics card. And as far as I know, Intel is not related to nVidia other than a cross-licensing agreement that the two companies made in 2011, so I do not understand how that would be a "match".

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information