Chrome no download and FireFox downloads corrupt

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
OldDanTrucker

11 Mar 2017 09:20

Why oh WHY won't you be Chrome friendly? I allow pop ups for that Ad Fly site just to download it but it keeps saying "You have Ad Block" no I DON'T I whitewashed it!. No I won't turn it completely off only to get a fake anti virus crap or something just for one stinking mod. I'll stick to the other map pack guy as he is easier to install and has more miles of roads too. :D

Nice screenshots though but this mod is unplayable if you can't download it to begin with.

It takes too long on FireFox to download and we have 1GB speed and I have a fast I7 processor which anything else is pretty much lightning speed including heavy apps like Google Earth which a lot of people there complain about slowness that I don't experience.

It's nigh time to get with the rest of Europe and have decent speeds unless this site is an American server which are generally sucky to begin with.

I once did download it on FireFox all the way and all I got was corrupt archive error on both 7 zip and Win Zip.

BTW: Other people are having the same issue from searching this forum so it's not just me. TONS of error threads galore which is not an encouraging sign.

Not trying to piss on this site but merely pointing out the truth as a lot of people are too sheepish to say anything despite all the error threads mounting up both for getting to work and actually playing the mod which getting it to work seems to take priority of error reports.

metpei

11 Mar 2017 10:55

Download servers aren't ProMods and they cannot fix this, ask server host?
Your ISP has issues?

Edit: Firefox and Opera works fine, Chrome has more issues everywhere.
Edit2: I can't read anymore? :oops:
Edit3: Those tons of download errors must be hidden, I can't find. Only couple very old and mostly people uses old archives?!

ScuL
Founder

11 Mar 2017 11:34

1) we can't influence browser compatibility, this website works fine on all major browsers (IE,FF,Chrome,Safari)
2) adfly sponsored links are hosted by an external platform and browser compatibility of that site is out of our control
3) if you are using the free server your downloads are capped to 100kb/s per stream
4) if you want faster speeds pay the $1 for the premium service
5) doing so will also save you to deal with multi-pack archives
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Vøytek
Developer

11 Mar 2017 15:07

Well, I'm using this mod for more than 3 years. Always using free links, usually with Adblock enabled - no issues. So, you're doing something wrong, it's called PEBKAC.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information