Framedrop and lags since 1.9x

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
busterbrown

15 May 2014 17:23

Spooky wrote:A quick question: How can you tell what the framerate is???
Can't believe no one has answered your question. Personally I use "Fraps" and show the FPS ( frames Per Second ) in the lower left corner of the screen as that gets my attention out of the corner of my eye. I believe ETS2 has it's own FPS ( not sure ).

I set the frame rate not to be seen on my pics ( can if you want to though ). Comes in handy for me though as THEY do drop fast here in the ProMods map. When I was running Win XP I could not run ProMods V1.6.2 as my then normal FPS on the SCS side was 65/75 FPS steady, but Promods were like 15/25 FPS and not acceptable for me. Lot of crashes. Now with Win7 and 8 Gigs of memory I can hold down 40/75 FPS ( 75 is set as max for my monitors refresh rate ) with no crashes so far. Been thinking about adding more ram.....lots more.

Promods map is great but it has a LOT of pollys allover.
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 May 2014 17:30

with details come the poly's

and you can see the fps by typing g_fps 1 in the console. Or edit the config.cfg file and set the "0" to "1".
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

sven_engelen

15 May 2014 18:04

I always have a low fps, around 11 fps or sometimes 14 that's the highest. Can i put it higher?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 May 2014 18:06

buy a better PC or lower the settings
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

lykopotoboy

01 Jun 2014 03:37

yeh ive noticed fps drops too lately
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Benie

05 Aug 2014 04:37

I've also notice lag. I believe it has to do when AI Traffic really, really gets backed up. And I've even seen this in my home base of Vyrona and I felt low framerates, and I never did before(at least, without ProMods).

baley

19 Aug 2014 18:08

I also noticed a lag as well. From the places I been in promod 1.7 the issue is mainly in stockholm though.

I have a GTX770 and I am using ulta (default) settings.

Ranchester
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 15:18

It's getting worse and worse in every SCS update even without Promods. For example Berlin and other stock SCS cities lag a lot more than before. It's been almost unplayble with i7 and GTX 670 with the newest update. Had to decrease settings to get playable framerates in cities and otherwise busy areas. Crappy engine can't handle this much stuff.

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 20:59

Ranchester wrote:It's getting worse and worse in every SCS update even without Promods. For example Berlin and other stock SCS cities lag a lot more than before. It's been almost unplayble with i7 and GTX 670 with the newest update. Had to decrease settings to get playable framerates in cities and otherwise busy areas. Crappy engine can't handle this much stuff.
This is only DX 9 engine, no wonder it lags so much. They should really upgrade to DX 11.
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

busterbrown

31 Aug 2014 00:16

@volan123
That wouldn't work either for the game is run on 32bit and no matter how big your computer is ( using W7 or 8 ) 32bit will only handle 4 virtue GB no matter How many GIG's of RAM you really have on your Motherboard. SCS needs to upgrade to 64BIT then we could go to town. :mrgreen:

As it is though the more pollys SCS and ProMods put into their patches all of us will start dragging the FPS so bad you'll have to cut down your Mods ( don't want that now do we? ) and your settings and THAT we sure do not want. :(

I'm not a computer guru by any means and I learned about the "virtue GIG" and the actual Gigabytes by some very talented computer guru's from both SCS and here at ProMods. As you see on my signature I don't have the best rig but if we had 64bit, SCS and Promods could really pile on the pollys...... Woooie what a game this could be. :mrgreen:
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information