Framedrop and lags since 1.9x

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ProjectWHaT

01 Jan 2016 00:46

I have a GTX760 and when I was in Berlin with graphics levels at High, I had 10~ FPS. I had to lower it to Medium to have a sustainable 30~. I'll play some more and see what other cities I'm having problems with.

RadolSzczecin

01 Jan 2016 01:08

I have a GTX 760, and it is impossible to such a low FPS.
Perhaps the other components of the computer you are weak.

On the map comes more cities and detail.
A lot of people want more real town with lots of detail.
However, this requires a fairly powerful computer.

You must be prepared for higher demands this map - to some extent, we can only improve.
It makes no sense building cities in style SCS

Nissantruck

04 Jan 2016 12:53

LoaderSaints wrote:other mods, game.log?
My answer to that question is this:
I have only few mods and you can see them under this text.
My own made trailers,
Promods 2.00,
ETS2 1.22,
SlowPC_TDS by Piva,
Real company logo v2.4 by Satan19990,
Rusmap v1.6
I did take the Frosty 5.6 away from my mods list,because it will crash my game,even if its the new version of that mod.
My game log.
Last edited by Nissantruck on 05 Jan 2016 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

LoaderSaints

04 Jan 2016 13:29

It seems like you have some additional files in your mod folder which are not needed:

Code: Select all

00:00:03.395 : <WARNING> [package] Package with name 'SlowPC_TDS' seen more than once. Maybe there are both a SCS file and source directory. SCS file will be used.
Also you have loads of errors generated by truck mods. I recommend trying to keep your game.log free of errors when updating truck mods by making a save before updating, then updating the mod and if there are errors, write them down, then revert to the old version of the mod and load your save again. Make the required changes to your truck or sell it if required, make an additional save (that does not overwrite the save you did before) and then try to use the updated mod again. If there are still errors repeat these actions, if there aren't any then you can save the game and overwrite the save you created before starting the updating process and delete the additional save. ;)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 14:28

Lot's of errors in the game log will cause game to lag to the extreme if lots of writes
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Nissantruck

04 Jan 2016 17:09

LoaderSaints wrote:It seems like you have some additional files in your mod folder which are not needed:

Code: Select all

00:00:03.395 : <WARNING> [package] Package with name 'SlowPC_TDS' seen more than once. Maybe there are both a SCS file and source directory. SCS file will be used.
Also you have loads of errors generated by truck mods. I recommend trying to keep your game.log free of errors when updating truck mods by making a save before updating, then updating the mod and if there are errors, write them down, then revert to the old version of the mod and load your save again. Make the required changes to your truck or sell it if required, make an additional save (that does not overwrite the save you did before) and then try to use the updated mod again. If there are still errors repeat these actions, if there aren't any then you can save the game and overwrite the save you created before starting the updating process and delete the additional save. ;)
Thank you for that helpful idea,i will use it if i need to take new truck mods for the game.
I also dont have any truck mods anymore,because the only one that i did have,will not work anymore and the new version of that same mod is not good as the old one was.So how can i remove those errors now?
So any kinds of easy and helpful ideas would be nice for me,for those error problems.So that i dont need to start a new profile for the game,if that way the game would work for me. :(

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

blubberkarl

11 Jan 2016 22:13

Hi Guys,

it's in direct comparison with TSM map kind of frustrating when seeing the FPS drops, which nearly are everywhere where there are more textures, such as Motorway crosses, cities of course and even gas stations.

I have actually two new porfiles to validate this. One set up with TSM 6.2 , RusMap, Open Spaces - trucks & tuning RJL Scania, some tuning parts for it and skins.
The other contains ProMods 2 & RusMap - no open Spaces, def file for high performance PC, trucks & tuning RJL Scania, some tuning parts for it and skins same as fist profile.

Now the results are that regardless what i'm doing TSM does not have any fps drops even at biggest traffc density as of SCS / TSM standard. Haing tried to install a def file with low performance PC and average performance PC modifying the drawing distance did not bring any change to the fps drop. So i face drops from 60fps, down to 38 with scaring lag, which makes it unplayable for me.

My rig is ineed quite a fast one consiisting of an I7 3770K@4,4 ghz with an MSI Z77 M3Power, Zotac 980ti Amp Extreme, 16gb CL9 Corsair RAM running ETS2 at 2560*1080 with highest Grafiksetting and 400% scaling. So i don not think that the issue primarily relates to hardware allthough i have direct compariosn by using TSM.

I tried many things such as changing the def file, removing any other truck mods, disabling AI traffic, reducing grafics options etc etc. No success to the extend i require. Still even when having no AI traffic then there are FPS drops in cities and complex areas down to 44fps.

Even more i was chasing up the other profile by adding even more mods (espc maps, traffic mods etc) - none of them got the result of fps drops less than 55.

Let's see how i can get it right hopefully, since i see the ProMods Maps itself is quite a phenomenal one and has so much realism in it compared to other maps, but circumstances like FPS drops are a non negotiable for me.

I will try to wipe out the "old" profile by the errorlogs and see what heppens next with a virgin profile again

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2016 23:22

Don't use 400% scaling unless you're on a Titan or similar

I have experienced an R9 295x2 running on a QHD monitor (2560x1440) lag with 400% scaling (Intel extreme & Z99 board)
Also check areas in Norway (Vanilla) with + 3 mill TC, you will se lag here on current graphics setup

During mapping and beta testing we have given a lot of care and attention not to exceed 2.5 mill TC at any given place
Sure you might find areas not optimized fully or find issues not spotted by developers and beta testers, but please report these in ad bugs with game log, locations etc
If you're using modded trucks or modded accessories you might have issues with lags as TC count exceed the limits for your setup

Have the mini console on and check the counters, FPS and TC will turn red if below threshold
Change g_minicon 0 to g_minicon 1 in the config file

TC = triangle count
SC = segment count
DC = draw calls
VM = virtual memory

I have only few issues running 300% scaling on a R9 HD7970 / Intel i5-4670K / MSI Z87-G45
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

barry
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 00:03

Hi all. First off i use a -
Radeon R9 280x
i5 4xxx (something :lol: ) Haswell 3.5Ghz watercooled.
8GB DDR3
Biggest Hamster i could find to drive it all ;)
42" LG Full HD TV @ 1920x1080 8-)
Ultra setting, no HDR, D.O.F or AA and 200% scaling.

This only applied to my system that has an AMD graphics card, i have no idea if an Nvidia card has a similar option in their drivers.

Dispite really enjoying the V2.0 map, i too have suffered micro and macro stuttering. I've tried everything from in-game settings, external gfx card settings, different drivers, different version of windows, even overclocked the CPU to 4.5Ghz as well as 3rd party utilities reporting to cure all stuttering. But i stumbled on something that took me by complete suprise (and i admit to still not fully understanding it, any help would be appreciated 8-) ). In a fit of frustration i tried the 'Frame Rate Target Control' in the Catalyst -now called Crimson- control panel). From what i understand it's purpose is to only limit framerates from 55 to whatever upper limit it goes to (no i haven't checked what it is), thus saving power and heat from the graphics card. Anyway, i always use V/Sync and framerates with Promods V2.0 ranged from 60 f.p.s dropping to 34 (ish) f.p.s in towns/cities. I've always had stutter at 60 f.p.s and the stutter changing into micro stuttering as the framerates dropped lower.

So with a bit of testing (because i really didn't know what i was doing), i set the target frame rate to 40 f.p.s. What i got was micro stuttering all the time whether in cities or the open road. So i set the target frame rate to 60 and tested again. What i have got now is no macro or micro stuttering, a steady 59-60 f.p.s wherever i am -cities, open road etc.- I have had a couple of large frame rate drops (only lasts a few seconds), and only in a few places. As the map is still being worked on, i'm assuming some degree of optimisation is in progress for the heavy areas.

As i said, i have no idea why the 'Frame Rate Target Control' should boost the lower frame rates, when to my understanding, it should only limit the upper range of framerates. I originally thought perhaps the V/Sync in-game and/or graphics card was not functioning properly, and setting this target frame rate sort of low-level locked it. For whatever reason i have no micro or macro stuttering at all (fingers and toes crossed as you do) ;)

Something i may ask whilst i'm here is despite having ultra graphics settings on, the Sat-Nav display is always in a much lower resolution. The edges of the Sat-Nav road is very jagged. Changing graphics settings does not make any difference.

I hope the above may help someone.

Regards

Westman

25 Feb 2016 02:42

barry wrote:Hi all. First off i use a -
Radeon R9 280x
i5 4xxx (something :lol: ) Haswell 3.5Ghz watercooled.
8GB DDR3
Biggest Hamster i could find to drive it all ;)
42" LG Full HD TV @ 1920x1080 8-)
Ultra setting, no HDR, D.O.F or AA and 200% scaling.
I have a 280x as well and I'm not sure why, but leaving v-sync on, fullscreen mode, and limiting the frames like you did with the Radeon control center seems to have helped with the frame drops. The only place so far I've seen it go below normal was over a bridge with lots of cables and railing. I'll have to make my way to Berlin or someplace similar to really put it to the test but so far it seems to work!
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 25 Feb 2016 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed excessive quote.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information