Framedrop and lags since 1.9x

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ZelvaCZ

31 Aug 2014 08:22

I am getting crashes almost everytime when entering a big city (Antwerpen, Oslo, sometimes Stockholm or Helsinki), no matter if I have nice graphics settings or the lowest graphic levels..

I'm not using any other mods than RusMap, but it happened even when this mod was disabled.

I don't have so good computer, but I can drive through SCS cities even on Ultra settings with 20-40 fps and with the lowest settings I have 5-15 fps in some bigger PM cities...

volan123
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2014 08:34

ZelvaCZ wrote:I am getting crashes almost everytime when entering a big city (Antwerpen, Oslo, sometimes Stockholm or Helsinki), no matter if I have nice graphics settings or the lowest graphic levels..

I'm not using any other mods than RusMap, but it happened even when this mod was disabled.

I don't have so good computer, but I can drive through SCS cities even on Ultra settings with 20-40 fps and with the lowest settings I have 5-15 fps in some bigger PM cities...
I have been getting lag since the 1.11 update and it seems to happens where there's a lot of stuff loading up (when arriving to big city, Stockholm, for example) but it doesn't crash or anything. just FPS drops ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

volan123
Donation rank:

31 Aug 2014 08:37

busterbrown wrote:@volan123
That wouldn't work either for the game is run on 32bit and no matter how big your computer is ( using W7 or 8 ) 32bit will only handle 4 virtue GB no matter How many GIG's of RAM you really have on your Motherboard. SCS needs to upgrade to 64BIT then we could go to town. :mrgreen:

As it is though the more pollys SCS and ProMods put into their patches all of us will start dragging the FPS so bad you'll have to cut down your Mods ( don't want that now do we? ) and your settings and THAT we sure do not want. :(

I'm not a computer guru by any means and I learned about the "virtue GIG" and the actual Gigabytes by some very talented computer guru's from both SCS and here at ProMods. As you see on my signature I don't have the best rig but if we had 64bit, SCS and Promods could really pile on the pollys...... Woooie what a game this could be. :mrgreen:
This game also needs to be 64-bit. What use is it if I have 16 GB of RAM if it's unusable by the game itself. But it wouldn't hurt also upgrading graphics engine to DX11+. Why we always have to be pulled back by those who don't have good computers? Give everyone a free choice: minimalistic version of the map so it doesn't impact performance so much, or an ultra version of the map which would have thousands and thousands of objects at the same time ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

scanialoverr

02 Oct 2014 12:56

ZelvaCZ wrote:I am getting crashes almost everytime when entering a big city (Antwerpen, Oslo, sometimes Stockholm or Helsinki), no matter if I have nice graphics settings or the lowest graphic levels..

Me 2. I have an EVGA GTX 750 TI SC Edition, Intel Core i5 750 and 2 sticks of 2GB memory. FXAA is on MLAA is of, all settings are high ,v-sync is on and dof is of.. With this settings I get 60 fps and but with promods my fps drops and my game crashes when I entered the exit towards Antwerp. The last lines in the log say something like that dx9 failed to allocate vertex buffer. I use also these settings on my testing profile and I havent experiecned any crash

TehHipster

24 Nov 2014 23:48

On average on the Vanilla game, I get 25 FPS (not a gaming computer) and now I get 20 FPS but it's due to Promods and Jazzycat's Mods but I also changed the graphics to hit there to try to make it look a bit more prettier while at a stable FPS so no, the mod isn't causing huge FPS-loss drops for me.

oneirish
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2014 20:27

Driving today in Sweden soon as I turned onto 40 off of the E4, all the way to Kalmar my frame rate performance dropped immediately and dramatically. Weather clear, driving a stock Scania and waste metal trailer from default interior forward view.
Had excellent usual performance until that exact point.
I did not measure frame rates but it was laggy enough at times to cause difficulty controlling the truck. This was consistent no matter if there were other AI vehicles or none and in all scenery types on that section.
I do see this in the log at various points - <ERROR> Maximal water level count exceeded! -- but again this happened even in only wooded areas.
Have covered about 34% of the map and this is the first performance drop I've had. No other programs were running, dual SLI GPU usage spiked to 99% and remained there entire time. GPUs usually never exceed 75-80%.

My specs:
Win7 Pro 64
Intel Core i7 3930K
32 GB 2100MHz RAM
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black Superclocked Signature cards in SLI (avg 62 C, 65-80% GPU usage in ETS2 ProMod on Ultra)
2x Samsung Evo 840 SSD (1 TB)

Rocar 512E

03 Jan 2015 12:09

I also get a huge framedrop and lag in Anvers

monitorjorge

10 Feb 2015 19:55

For now, i've set the graph settings to ultra only in original scs cities, when i drive in the north i'm using the medium settings unfortunately...
PROMODS | RUSMAP | SOUTHERN REGION | GREAT STEPPE | MIDDLE EAST | LEVEL 65

Almighty
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2015 19:57

Most mods requires more from you PC that the vanilla game, that why you need to set it back to medium settings.
Happy trucking!

ZelvaCZ

13 Feb 2015 12:22

Michael Rosen wrote:I also get a huge framedrop and lag in Anvers
Well, that's obvious, since it's probably the biggest city in game and it has an incredible amount of objects. Also, modded parts of the map require more... I play with high settings on vanilla map, but in large cities (Antwerpen, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki etc), I have to change settings to lowest.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information