Low Framerates ~ Choppy Experience

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Cetarium

23 Mar 2017 07:30

Hello ProMods team, I'm currently using ProMods 2.15 with Euro Truck Simulator 2 (1.26.7s). I play with very few mods, only being the map, ProMods trailer mod, couple of trucks, and an environment mod. I understand that ProMods is resource intensive, but the frame-rate doesn't seem as high as it should be with my system. I drive on the highways, and get a buttery smooth 60 FPS, except for occasional "micro-drops" that last 1-2 seconds every 10 minutes. As soon as I get near the city, my FPS drops to the high 40's, sometimes high 30's or low 50's. The problem, is when I get to the high 40's, it feels choppy, as if it was in the high 20's, or low 30's. I keep my settings at Medium ~ High, with "Grass Density" on low, and scaling at 125%. I've turned settings down too, yet the frame-rate doesn't change... Maybe 1-2 FPS.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Here's my Specs:
  • Intel® Core™ i5 6500 @3.2 GHz. (Turbo up to 3.6 GHz.)
  • AMD Radeon RX 470 (Non-Overclocked)
  • 8 GB RAM @2133 MHz.
  • WD 1TB HDD ("De-Fragged" and Cleaned Up)
  • Windows 10 Home (x64)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'd appreciate you guys helping me on this to see if there is any way to improve frame-rates. :D
Thanks
-Cetarium™
"When life gives you comrades, make Leninade ☭"

ScuL
Founder

23 Mar 2017 10:10

The 1.27 patch will improve your frame rates slightly. You did not disclose which cities are triggering the biggest FPS drops but there are a few known hot spots, Barcelona being one of them
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

metpei

23 Mar 2017 11:24

ETS2 is old game that scales to very low gaming rigs, but even new monster rigs can't get huge amout of fps. Basicly don't matter much, this isn't fps game. That you feel yanks sometimes is called trearing, try to switch v-sync on to off or vice versa, it might help.
Yes, PM is heavier than vanilla, about 1/3(?) and you add even more weight with extra graphic mod. Use in mirrors only medium settings or lower if you can. Scaling 125% is good for fps, but game starting to look little bad, don't go lower. You can try more medium than high, but you need to choose between fps or decent quality. Some people don't use msaa option, but they use scaling 300-400%, I didn't like it.

Dolbyadt

23 Mar 2017 16:23

Hello, I play also with PM this is the best mods for Eurotruck 2. Thx for that Promod team.

Promods is heavier than vanilla but 100% more fun to play. I tried to get now the best quality settings to play. But when i use settings from (http://www.squirrel.tv/forums/index.php?topic=1348.0) But with this settings i get less quality. When is use this settings en turn the in-game
MLAA setting to on. Ingame i get better quality. How can that happen? All other people say they get better quality with in-game MLAA turn off.

When i play with only the in-game settings everything on high with a scaling 200% on resolution 1680x1050 my game has better quality?

I play with Promods 2.15 with high settings from Promods file. On my Intel i2600 I7 CPU, 8gb Ram, Nvidia MSI GTX-1060 3GB Armour, SSD 500gb Samsung Evo.
The game plays very nice. Only in city's my fps drops.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2017 16:33

Dolbyadt wrote:But when i use settings from (http://www.squirrel.tv/forums/index.php?topic=1348.0) But with this settings i get less quality. When is use this settings en turn the in-game MLAA setting to on. Ingame i get better quality. How can that happen? All other people say they get better quality with in-game MLAA turn off.
then you do something wrong. i use also this setting, and if i turn MLAA on, then it looks horrible. :oops:
at the end of this video, you can see my ingame settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vd6t4CdHL8

ScuL wrote:The 1.27 patch will improve your frame rates slightly. You did not disclose which cities are triggering the biggest FPS drops but there are a few known hot spots, Barcelona being one of them
i have in the Beta around 5 FPS less then before. i´m a bit worried about that, because what will be happens if i activated ProMods & Co?
(IS7 4790k + GTX980Ti)
time will tell........
No Support via PM!

Cetarium

23 Mar 2017 17:37

I never use in-game MLAA, since there is no difference in quality, but there is a drop. I never use over 150% scaling, as there isn't much of a difference, but there is a big difference in FPS. ScuL, almost all cities give me drops, except for a couple small ones. Examples of cities that really drop it are; Most Swedish Cities, Hamburg (Of course, but everyone gets a huge FPS drop in that city), Liege, Bern (Really Drops), Klagenfurt am Wörthersee (Used to not give me a FPS drop), and many more that I can't remember right of the bat. I'll also have drops at some highway intersections, going down to the low 50's - high 40's I've turned off the graphics mod, but the FPS improvement isn't that great, maybe again, 1-2 FPS. Mirror quality doesn't really affect either, at least I don't see a difference. Now I've used MSi Afterburner to track CPU and GPU usage, and I see lot's of fluctuations in GPU usage, maybe from 99% to 0% to 35% to 60%. I also understand that ETS 2's engine is quite old and really needs optimization, also needing an upgrade to DX11. I don't have a problem with under 60 FPS, but If it starts getting choppy, then it starts to get annoying. Now I could test the FPS with just the map mod and nothing else and see if that's an improvement, or I've maybe though I will upgrade to 16 GB of RAM for a smoother experience, but for now, only time will tell.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2017 17:44

btw, 1.27.1.1 just released ;)

your maps are ready? :lol:
No Support via PM!

Cetarium

23 Mar 2017 17:47

I know, I just started steam and I was like "wtf?" Isn't that a coincidence :lol: :shock:

Cetarium

13 Apr 2017 07:39

No more responses I guess?

metpei

14 Apr 2017 09:46

What more you need? It's old Dx9 game with later added Dx11 improvements, SCS is working Dx11 and Vulcan game version.
I've RX480, hiway 60fps, towns 45 fps, some town 37 fps and Barcelona 12-18 fps. Using medium-high settings with 150% scaling.
This isn't fps game like 3Dmark, this is trucking! ;)

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information