Calais Crash

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
metpei

03 Apr 2017 10:14

Still not 64bit,
00:00:00.000 : [sys] Command line: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\eurotrucks2.exe

Did you remove truck & truck addon mods before you sell affected trucks?!
Always use only mods that are made your current game version! Some older minor mods works, but you should make test profile to test it before add that in main profile.
All mods are made by single (mostly) user and if they uses same game resources causes errors. Also truck mod should be below truck addons that they work. Using many mods causes errors easily, you should think and check modders how they work together or don't.

You can drive one truck at time, so use only one and drive it then sell then remove mod and it's addons, activate new, repeat.
Example: Using 2 Volvo FH2012 mods same time and or buy truck (even for driver) brings errors, but you can maybe drive it too. If you remove one or both FH2012 mods, errors are still in those trucks in game and most likely crashes game even if you try to sell them now or even going to truck dealer. Ohaha FH2013 in stand alone and could work with one FH2012 mod, but then matters witch one is below other.
Same goes to any kind of mods, use only one graphic mod, one environment mod, one traffic config mod and so on.

After you tried to run newer game version, you can't use that profile any more in older game version.
Make new profile, add only PM in right order and your game should work flawless.
If not, your game files are messed up. :!: Take safety copy your profiles folder :!: in your documents\ETS2\
You have to do it manually (do it regularily!), steam cloud don't know how to do it. Then move your mod folder safe too, so you don't have to searh and download them all again. If your profile uses them current they need to restore too before starting that profile.
Then uninstall game and delete ETS2 folder in your documents then install it again.

Vøytek
Developer

03 Apr 2017 13:04

PM loading order doesn't matter if he's loading only PM without any other mods, and it's also not an issue that happens because of 32/64 bit. It's something wrong with that 1 model on his end but it's really strange - no idea how that happened as all files have correct size.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

metpei

03 Apr 2017 14:32

That's only generally good rule to use 64bit programs in 64bit operation systems.
Wrong loading orders gave me errors and it's nicer to play without errors, didn't crash game tought.
But JustNuts game crash must(?) be caused by errors from steam updates (reinstall helps then) or GPU driver/ windows update corrupt some files. He didn't tell if other Dx9 programs crashes too :?

guynevere

27 Apr 2017 19:08

I'm encountering issues towards Calais as well.
When clicking on the feight to Calais, no route is shown on the map. When i accept the freight, the game crashes.
Only seems to happen with freight to Calais for me so far. The issue started to appear after Tuesdays patch. I have number of Mods (trucks and sounds) installed, disabling them hasn't made a difference so far.

Will generate clean logs with only ProMods and come back.

guynevere

29 Apr 2017 12:00

Hi,

Thanks for having a look at this, appreciate it a lot!

so for some more details without any mods except ProMods.
The issue occurs with ProMods 2.16, first noticed this on 25/04/17 after steam instructed me to download a patch. This could be correlation and not causality, but this is the point in time i noticed it first.

Issue:
- When loading external Freight (World of Trucks) all is working well until you click on freight to Calais.
- No route is shown on the map (or not change if you select a previous freight).
- Upon double clicking or accepting the freight to Calais, the "Syncing with world of trucks" dialog appears.
- ETS2 crashes.
- once reloaded the freight is accepted, but when I hit drive, the game crashes again.
- this can only be resolved by canceling the freight.

Game.log:

Game.crash:

Picture

metpei

29 Apr 2017 13:31

Don't take World of Truck's external jobs with map mods!

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information