Poor RAM management since game version 1.27.2.1

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Master_of_the_roads

16 May 2017 21:46

Hi there, I'd like to tell you about a very annoying thing that happens lately while driving through Promods Europe, sometimes I experience poor RAM management in which case the game freezes and then blocks normal Windows procedures as well. This issue could be completely unrelated to the map, since it started when the game was updated to 1.27.2.1 and SCS is the most likely culprit for this RAM management.

I've tested this nuissance both on 32 and 64-bit version of the game, same problem, just one big difference, the RAM issue starts a bit late on the 64-bit version, while on the first, almost immediately.

Since I'm expecting my dream machine to be delivered next week, I might just wait for it, not so distant now anyway...

While my required specs are just below the recommended ones, it might be the cause as well, but on earlier versions of the game, this didn't happen at all.

I'll try to investigate further and deeper into this and maybe educate myself a bit more about the solution for the problem.

Won't bother any of you if not needed, it's something that can surely wait until my dream machine comes to me.

Update : this issue started almost certainly after the hotfix 001 was installed and activated correctly in the mods manager using only the official order of things.

Aside from those big concrete pillars in some cities, nothing bigger bothers me in-game.

If the cause are even some older but still functional mods, I'll remove them too.

Happy trucking. ;)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 May 2017 23:17

I do not experience issues like you're describing at all...
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Master_of_the_roads

17 May 2017 17:46

I'm not entirely suprised by your reply, it must be an issue that happens to certain computers, with certain RAM systems, I'll be honest and say that this RAM should've given up long ago but it kept going. This computer is a back-up variant, the original more powerful had a hidden structural defect which never came up during its operation status but last year completely burned the Intel i5 processor, which was supposed to be the most stable yet.

Regarding this topic, I'm willing to try and try again to look from a different angle, maybe limit the number of background processes for Windows and carefully monitor any change in aspect for my RAM management. This back-up computer has a 800 MHz DDR1 RAM system, so it's no surprise that it gave way now after so many years. As soon as my new computer gets here, i'll ditch this sucker.

Thank you for your reply. Keep on truckin'. ;)

metpei

17 May 2017 18:19

Hi, remember take safety copy your documents\ETS2\profiles folder first and do it regularily!

Master_of_the_roads

17 May 2017 22:22

I'm no stranger in that department, will do that. Thank you both for keeping in touch. :)

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information