Lunging forward

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
leonara

08 Jun 2017 13:02

Everytime I start a game with only promods enabled I get a lunging forward effect while driving, everything slows down and the all of a sudden lunges forward, et repeats for a while then stops.

I can play for hours and it only happens once and a while, mostly near interchanges. I read somewhere that modify the affinity on CPU utilization might fix this but I would rather hear from an expert.

I love promods and this will never stop me from playing but it is annoying. It only happens if Promods 2.16 is enabled.

Thanks in advance..
Tony
[email protected]

Vøytek
Developer

08 Jun 2017 13:15

I guess your PC is just loading more things then and you experience a framerate drop. It happens often on slower PCs.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

leonara

08 Jun 2017 14:12

I am running an I7 16 Gig Ram, GTX 960, I run in 64 bit mode. The game runs off of a SSD drive. ITs not the computer.

I run everything else no problems, this only happens on ETS2 with promods, without promods the computer never lags. The graphics are set to automatic, I have never played around with the settings.

Images are nice, clear, never lag. I never lag in any other game. I can drive through cities in promods without any lag and for hours sometimes, then I hit an interchange (day or night no difference) and will do the lunge effect.

The only time it does it every time is at the start of a game getting onto the highway usually.

Vøytek
Developer

08 Jun 2017 14:45

Could you give us an exact spot?
Many of us in the team have similar hardware and we also experience stuttering or a bit of freezing when the game loads many objects at once. But we need precise location to investigate.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

leonara

08 Jun 2017 14:52

OKay,

I will be playing tonight and tomorrow for sure, as soon as I hit a spot I will note it and try to give you at least 2 so you can compare if you need to.

Thank you.

metpei

08 Jun 2017 15:30

That sounds network lag, do you play MP mod or windows doing in backround some heavy stuff?

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information