The 'Real European Companies' mod is NOT compatible with ProMods

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
adgjl
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2017 23:46

Do not use the Real European Companies (version 2.x)* mod with ProMods or you will experience crashes

The same goes for the Real Gas Station and Resting places mods

If you experience game crashes these mods should be your prime suspects to remove. However, the usual rules apply if you still experience crashes: remove all mods other than ProMods then add them back in one by one to find the culprit mod, and ensure you follow the loading order here.

* Version 1.x should be compatible
Bugs are love, bugs are life

gazpode_l
Donation rank:

18 Jul 2017 09:43

Okay thanks!
I was using this in my stock version BEFORE I added pro-mods last night - no WONDER I had some issues.

Is there a similar mod which IS compatible with promods which introduces real life UK/European companies to the game?

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

18 Jul 2017 12:00

gazpode_l wrote:
18 Jul 2017 09:43
Okay thanks!
I was using this in my stock version BEFORE I added pro-mods last night - no WONDER I had some issues.

Is there a similar mod which IS compatible with promods which introduces real life UK/European companies to the game?
You can use the ProMods TCP (Trailer and Company Pack) which adds some more trailers and companies in real life to the game. The download for this can be found on Step 3 here: setup.php
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Antiscamp2

22 Jul 2017 17:05

That's it! I had crashes today that I couldn't pin-point and I've never ever had any crashes with ETS2/ProMods before, but the Real Company mod is the culprit! I'll try ProMods real companies mod now instead and see what that does for immersion. A hearty thanks for this thread.

EDIT: You might want to choose another service than ZippyShare for the download of the ProMods Real Companies addition. Zippyshare sent me to a page that was imitating the famous computer blocker virus that has been going around and even been in the news and it smashed a Microsoft logo in my face and told me that my computer had been "blocked" and all sorts of idiotic things. Yeah sure. I had to Alt/Tab out of it and I'm never going to ZippyShare again, no siree.
Last edited by Antiscamp2 on 22 Jul 2017 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2017 19:45

Version 2 is not compatible with ProMods (because it modifies the map), Version 1 is compatible with ProMods, because I use it.

I use the Real European Gas Stations mod, placed higher in the mod manager above ProMods.

Antiscamp2

22 Jul 2017 19:56

I used version 1 from the Steam Workshop. I was going to travel by boat from Nynäshamn in Sweden to Ventspils in Latvia. It gave me a loading screen as usual, but when that was finished the game crashed. I tried it three times. The route from Nynäshamn to St. Petersburg (RusMap) worked perfectly. When I disabled the Companies mod, I arrived at Ventspils without problems. If you have time and interest, you could test that out.

EDIT: Oh! I'll try the real gas stations! Thanks!

EDIT 2: Actually, I redownloaded the companies mod and placed it first in the load order, before ProMods, and that took me to Ventspils OK. I was having a load order problem! Yay! It works as intended now, I think. I'll test it out some further.

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2017 20:09

Yeah, I place the real company mods above the maps

vulchor
Donation rank:

29 Jul 2017 22:27

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try to remove it and hopefully it helps me with a crash that I get as soon as I drive through Budapest.

[edit] guess that wasn't the problem, I didn't have those mods active on the profile that crashes. I'm still at a loss for that crash then.

Mr_Core

01 Aug 2017 20:53

I've installed Promods map and started driving. On my first mission i encountered a crash on one exact point on the Promods part of the map.

Game.log:

List of mods:
Image Image

Point of a crash on a map:

Vøytek
Developer

01 Aug 2017 21:03

Disable this mod: realeurcomp
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek