Installing ProMods before changing computer?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
dnerix

27 Jul 2017 19:12

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to this 'community' and I have a burning question..
At the moment I mostly play ETS and ATS on an old computer, installed with the official CD's or registration cards.

I really want to give ProMods a try, but what will happen when I change my computer?
Do I have to re-install everything again?

For the games and official DLC I use the Steam Workshop and that won't be a problem, but I was wondering if it would be smart to install ProMods already, knowing I will have a new gaming PC in a couple of months..

I hope someone could answer this for me! Big thanks on forehand! ;-)

~Erik

Vøytek
Developer

27 Jul 2017 19:19

I think it's a more comfortable solution for you, if you activate your game on Steam :)

About ProMods - you can download 2.17 now. When you'll have a new PC, you can just copy our files using a flash drive. But keep in mind that we may release 2.18 or 2.2 in meantime, so you'll have to download that new version on your new PC then.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

metpei

27 Jul 2017 23:43

Remember to take safety copies your documents\ETS2\profiles folder, steam can't and you need it to transfer to new computer!
I recommend you to keep your vanilla profile out of map mods and make new profile for PM.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information