Road/Navigation Signs Problem

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
fatih.koz

20 Sep 2017 14:18

Hi,

First of all I wish to thank you about this great piece of work :) I searched the forum and posts but could not find a similiar topic about my issue, if it is a known problem please disregard my post ...

I have problem with the road/navigation signs visibility, simple traffic signs (stop / intersection / turns etc) work fine but I need to be too close to read the text on road signs. This makes the navigation too hard without the gps.

Screenshots are always better than words ;

This issue starts as soon as I modify my graphics settings via nVidia inspector and/or nVidia Profiles, to solve the problem I need to use the ingame AA only and it is not good :(

For example I need to increase scaling to %200 with ingame settings to match the visual quality of my nVidia profile setting (scaled at %150 using 8xMsAA and 16xAF), also ingame settings give me around 30-40 FPS with heavy rain in cities and it is not stable but when I use nVidia profile settings to fine tune I get stable 60 FPS at same conditions.

So for stable performance and visual quality I "prefer" to use nVidia profile detailed settings. To make them work I untick ingame AA and reduce the AF to 0, rest of the settings (quality, grass, visible range, mirror quality etc) are not changed at all.

I tried several different settings via nVidia profiles (or nVidia Profile Inspector) but nothing solved this issue , any ideas or suggestions would be great ...

Best wishes,
B.Fatih KOZ

[ AMD FX 8350 @ 4.4 Ghz / Gigabyte 990FXH-UD3 / 16 GB Corsair DDR3 Ram / Zotac Nvidia GTX1060 6 GB AMP! Edition / Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 + 250 GB / WD Sata3 1 TB HDD ]

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 14:59

Do you use other mods beside ProMods?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

fatih.koz

20 Sep 2017 15:32

Yes I do , I have Klaas' Real Gas Prices , JazzyCat's Bus and AI Traffic Packs , Minimal Adviser , Small Mirrors running with ProMods. I tried them on/off while testing the issue, no change was observed :(

I found some info about the "AA compatibility bits" , will read them and try some more deep settings ...
B.Fatih KOZ

[ AMD FX 8350 @ 4.4 Ghz / Gigabyte 990FXH-UD3 / 16 GB Corsair DDR3 Ram / Zotac Nvidia GTX1060 6 GB AMP! Edition / Samsung 850 EVO SSD 120 + 250 GB / WD Sata3 1 TB HDD ]

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

20 Sep 2017 17:54

This bug has nothing to do with ProMods and can be replicated with an unmodded game. Certain settings on NVidia cards can cause the sign templates to turn blank from a distance.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

fatih.koz

20 Sep 2017 18:07

Yes, you are right @MandelSoft :(

We can move this topic to another suitable category or simply delete it if you desire. Sorry for selecting the wrong forum category ...

BTW, I am playing with AA Compatability Bits of nVidia and mostly fixed the issue ;) Spent some time for more research and reading (mainly for other game engines to get better detail) , now my signs are not blank and readable from an acceptable distance as below ;

If anyone is interested , ETS2 and ATS needs ;

Antialiasing Compatibility = 0x004012C1
Maximum pre-rendered frames = 1
Texture filtering - LOD Bias = -1.0000
Texture filtering - Negative LOD Bias = Allow

To be set at nVidia profile to avoid signs/text problems with AA if you want to get rid of that in game MLAA and scaling ;)

Best wishes
B.Fatih KOZ

Davyddin
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 18:48

I think that, albeit a non-ProMods issue, this is a relevant topic.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Sep 2017 19:11

Topic should be moved to the SCS forum then :P

Although, they sure are working on it
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

fatih.koz

20 Sep 2017 21:51

As far as I read, they are planning to move towards DX11 ... My fingers are crossed for that 'cause current engine is running on DX9 and have no room for improvements (graphics and performance).

Beside fixing my problem, I am always open to any suggestions and ideas about nVidia profile settings for ETS2 :)

Thanks for your attention and replies.

Best wishes
B.Fatih KOZ

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information