Euro Truck takes ages to load

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
TheMitchHD
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2017 14:39

I installed ETS 2 today (Steam) and bought Promods (latest version)

I've put all the 7 files in the mod folder. But when I start ETS 2. It takes over half an hour to start the game. And when I click on Mod Manager ingame, the game loads forever.

Any solution?

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2017 15:03

you did everything like it´is written here?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3852
No Support via PM!

Master_of_the_roads

09 Oct 2017 16:10

It takes ages to load because of the old DX9 game engine, which should've been replaced aeons ago, but wasn't, talking about nostalgia for SCS...

It's not your computer's fault, the base game engine was never designed to handle bigger and heavier mods, those are the facts.

And people using Promods or even heavier mods accept them on a daily basis.

Besides, assets and models in Promods depict as much reality as possible, so something has to give in to the stress load, usually the loading process, the game will load, eventually, and everything will get back to normal, don't worry. ;)

Edit : If you get stuck halfway through, you're probably trying to start the game in the 32-bit mode, switch to the superior 64-bit mode if the PC supports it and try again, memory will get better distribution and the stress load will be reduced. You should also consider buying and installing a SSD drive, which loads things even faster, at least mine does, but that option should be considered as a last resort. ;)

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2017 19:55

SSD is worth it. Promods + more Maps Mods load in 1 and an half minute and even the game runs smoother instead when it's running from an HDD
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information