Corrupt files

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
postman pat

03 Feb 2018 23:30

I have bought the ProMods files twice now. First from Chrome and then from IE to see if that was the issue. Then I tried unpacking both with the latest winrar and 7-zip yet every file is damaged except the map and def file. Can somebody please tell me if there is anything I can try to fix this or if it is just something wrong with the file itself?

ScuL
Founder

04 Feb 2018 03:46

Hi, if you are trying to extract the multi-archive (free download) version, have you tried the file-tester?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Josh0

04 Feb 2018 03:47

postman pat wrote:
03 Feb 2018 23:30
... yet every file is damaged except the map and def file.
It sounds like you are trying to unpack the .scs files? Only promods-def-v225.scs and promods-map-v225.scs are zip archives, the other 5 files (assets, model1, model2, model3, media) are protected archives which cannot be unpacked.

To play the game with ProMods, you don't need to unpack the .scs files, just place the .scs files in your mod folder.

postman pat

04 Feb 2018 12:52

I have downloaded the archive from payloadz which cost 1$. I place that in my mod folder, right click on it and choose "open in winrar. I then run a test on it and it says that all is good. I have done the same with 7zip file managr. It says that 7 files are tested and all is good. But, when I extract the archive with either winrar or 7zip file manager, and run a rest on each individual file, every file except the map and def. file come up with and error saying something like "archive not found/valid" and when I choose the mods in the game and try starting it my PC just completely crashes.

I find this very odd since I have done this every time on other ProMods versions and I have never experienced this. As a matter of fact, I have always just downloaded the mod, unpacked it in my mod folder, chosen the correct files in the mod manager (when that was added) and it has worked alright. But now I can't even get it to load in game.

I don't really mind having paid 2$ but it annoys me not knowing why it shouldn't work this time when it has worked without a hitch all the other times.

bmwGTR

04 Feb 2018 12:58

Hi,

do you use the latest version of WinRAR for unpacking?

In addition you can try disabling your virus scanner while downloading, some virus scanner damage the archive while downloading.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2018 13:00

If your game crashes post your gamelog.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

postman pat

04 Feb 2018 13:07

bmwGTR wrote:
04 Feb 2018 12:58
Hi,

do you use the latest version of WinRAR for unpacking?

In addition you can try disabling your virus scanner while downloading, some virus scanner damage the archive while downloading.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
I think I used the latest one. WinRAR 5.50.

I don't have a specific virus program other than windows defender.

JayCetic

04 Feb 2018 13:21

Please post the screenshot of the folder where you have extracted the files. Maybe the files are not of the exact size. We can only guess without any other information.
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh0

04 Feb 2018 17:52

postman pat wrote:
I place that in my mod folder, right click on it and choose "open in winrar. I then run a test on it and it says that all is good.
So you are opening the .7z file in WinRAR, then pressing the "Test" button in WinRAR? If that is true, I agree with this method of testing the .7z archive. If that test passes with no errors then the files you extract from the .7z archive should be good.
postman pat wrote:
But, when I extract the archive with either winrar or 7zip file manager, and run a rest on each individual file, every file except the map and def. file come up with and error saying something like "archive not found/valid"
How are you (attempting to) run a test on each individual file?

postman pat

04 Feb 2018 18:20

JayCetic wrote:
04 Feb 2018 13:21
Please post the screenshot of the folder where you have extracted the files. Maybe the files are not of the exact size. We can only guess without any other information.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information