Ferries not compatible with WOT?

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ryanman3224
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2018 19:06

Hi

At the moment WOT has launched an event that requires that you deliver a load to atleast 10 countries from or to Sweden.
But when I want to take a ferry from lets say Poland to Sweden, WOT doesn't recognise the position you are in, and puts you back in the last known position you were in.
So you can't use the ferry to go to Sweden, this also happens if you take a ferry from Sweden to another country.

I don't know if there is a way to fix this, but I sure hope so.
Kind regards
Ryan.

sunnyboy2005
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2018 19:30

Hi ryanman3224,

World of Trucks jobs aren't compatible with any map mod.

Please view this threed
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=23153

Kind regards, Kenny
I use google translator for communication
Current Maps: ProMods 2.65 / ProMods since v1.00 (Scandinavia Edition)

jaguar_65
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2018 19:34

Hi ryanman3224,
yes it's correct, ferry connections do not work.
But there is a way to fix it: Always drive to or from Sweden via Denmark by road. After your route is calculated in the GPS just go to the map and set a roadmarker on the A7 highway close to Flensburg. Your route is now recalculated using the bridge between Malmoe and Kopenhagen. Ok, the distance becomes a bit longer but the time is usually not the problem while performing WoT orders.

I'm working on the event as well and have 5/10 orders successfully proceeded yet. I think I have a good chance to finish the event.

Have a lot of fun and best regards
jaguar_65

sunnyboy2005
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2018 23:09

Hi Jaguar_65, hi Ryanman3224,

unfortunately, there are also unloading points whose position is not accepted by World of Trucks.
For example at NBFC in Berlin, Germany.
That's why I've lost a job, Gothenburg (Sweden) - Berlin.
I am now running the World of Truck jobs with a new profile without mod maps (ProMods, RusMap).

Best regards, Kenny
I use google translator for communication
Current Maps: ProMods 2.65 / ProMods since v1.00 (Scandinavia Edition)

jaguar_65
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2018 00:14

Hi Kenny,
you are totally right. That case can happen all the time. I also lost some jobs.
That's why I follow a different strategy: I only take jobs from [somewhere] TO Sweden.
First find a valid unloading point in Sweden...There are some ;-) (but I don't want to spoil too much).
Once you have found a valid unloading point, search for jobs from the different companies TO THAT point.

It works from cities and companies which are not totally changed by ProMods. A really good example is Liege in Belgium.
I've had no problem to find a job from Liege to my preferred unloading point and: TaaDaa -> First order done ;-)

I don't want to disable the map mods thats why I put some effort in the strategy. Did it in the same way in the christmas event.

Best regards and happy eastern
jaguar_65

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2018 04:37

Safe yourself the hassle, and don't use WoT jobs with an map mod at all. Just use another profile.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ryanman3224
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2018 15:47

Hi all

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

Happy easter to you all!

Femina
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2018 11:19

Volleybal4life wrote:
30 Mar 2018 04:37
Safe yourself the hassle, and don't use WoT jobs with an map mod at all. Just use another profile.
Or don't use Pro Mods at all. I downloaded the paid version of ProMods a few times as it, and the game went through updates, and I loved it. But when I decided to add flavour to my trucking by taking on the rewarding WoT events I had constant crashes at just about all ferry crossings, and deliveries that wouldn't let me finish. I didn't want to run through the create new profile and work it up so sadly I am afraid I let Promods and Rusmaps go and now use just the vanilla version of ETS2. So thanks all you great developers for the huge improvements you made to the base game but now SCS are revamping roads and major parts of the game I can live without your great mods.

But good luck to you all as I know you give up plenty of game time to work on the sims.

Vøytek
Developer

10 Jun 2018 11:42

That's a big surprise to read it, because WoT jobs are so boring that every event is just a pain to complete for me (and probably many more users). You're basically forced to drive only 90km/h and you can't leave Scandinavia/France/Italy because the base map is so old that it's not a pleasure to drive there.
For every event I just use my vanilla profile, try to complete it with the shortest jobs possible (mainly in Italy) and switch back to my modded profile immediately.
Until SCS rebuilds the whole map it's still years to go... And it still won't be as complete as with variety of mods ;)
ETS2 would be dead years ago if there weren't mods available. That's the case with many games that would be alive with mods but developers block any modding and killed the game. I played without mods for few weeks in the beginning but then it got boring and I couldn't enjoy the vanilla experience anymore.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Shiva

11 Jun 2018 07:34

I use vanilla profile and a ProMods profile.
Vøytek to be honest, nothing wrong with the 90km/h limit.
For me it is only the base map that ain't so fun. Going East is okayish.

Sometimes SCS simplifies a bit too much. While Modders can go the other way a bit too much.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information