Autonomous traffic yielding in right of way.

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
DunMac
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2018 01:37

I've been noticing that in several areas throughout the map of version 2.26 that the AI traffic is yielding at on ramps when they have the right of way. It just happened to me near Nantes heading east before the first toll booth. Clipping along at the speed limit and suddenly the traffic comes to an almost complete stop at an on ramp with no other traffic in sight. As I said, it's happened in many other spots all over the map and to me it's a pain. Their should be no yielding in a right of way. I searched to see if any body else had experienced this problem and found no answers or other postings. Perhaps someone in the development end of Pro Mods might know what's what. Thanks.

ScuL
Founder

15 Apr 2018 01:51

SCS changed give way rules in the previous update. All signs in the map are now either designated to:
* give way and come to a complete stop (local roads)
* give way in a fluent motion and merge (highways)

In order to differentiate between the two rules all give way signs across the map (some 6,000 or so) had to be checked and replaced.
We have done this in almost all new areas, but there were areas of the older map that were unstable and could not be included in the update.
Because of this some highways may display undesirable behaviour where give way signs are used and traffic is coming to a full stop rather than a fluent merge.

This problem will gradually go away in future releases as we update the map but cannot be solved immediately.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

DunMac
Donation rank:

02 May 2018 07:56

To ScuL: Thank you very much for the reply, I wasn't sure if that yielding bit had been brought to anyone's attention, I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere thus my written observation. I'm sure it's really quite complicated and all involved are doing the best that can be done sorting all the bugs out. I'm certainly very impressed with the map, the scenery is fabulous! I do enjoy it a lot! Again, thanks for the reply.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information