how to zoom in on map and fix map when choosing destination

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
alexhob123

05 Aug 2018 23:19

hi

how do i zoom in on the map when choosing a destination and how do i fit all of the places onto the map i have a lot of mods and for some reason the palces seem to not be showing on the map correctly but they appear to be off the map can anyone help me if you know what i mean

Davyddin
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2018 23:27

alexhob123 wrote:
how do i zoom in on the map when choosing a destination
You zoom in using the mouse wheel. EDIT: Oh, perhaps you mean on the map when choosing a job? I'm afraid you can't.
alexhob123 wrote:
how do i fit all of the places onto the map i have a lot of mods and for some reason the palces seem to not be showing on the map correctly but they appear to be off the map can anyone help me if you know what i mean
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Could you rephrase (and use some interpunctuation)?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Josh0

05 Aug 2018 23:32

@alexhob123, if you are referring to the map that is displayed in the "Freight Market" or "Quick Jobs" window, you cannot zoom in/out that map. It is meant to show you a general route from source to destination, it is not meant to show all of the details.
alexhob123 wrote:
the palces seem to not be showing on the map correctly but they appear to be off the map
If your route is very long, the map may not be able to show both the source and destination points at the same time, but you can move the map around by holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse. If you are referring to cities appearing outside of the background texture of the map, then your endpoint(s) are likely outside of the ProMods area (ProMods only provides a background texture map to cover the ProMods areas).

If this does not answer your questions then could you share a picture of what you are seeing and describe the problem?

alexhob123

05 Aug 2018 23:32

Davyddin wrote:
05 Aug 2018 23:27
alexhob123 wrote:
how do i zoom in on the map when choosing a destination
You zoom in using the mouse wheel. EDIT: Oh, perhaps you mean on the map when choosing a job? I'm afraid you can't.
alexhob123 wrote:
how do i fit all of the places onto the map i have a lot of mods and for some reason the palces seem to not be showing on the map correctly but they appear to be off the map can anyone help me if you know what i mean
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Could you rephrase (and use some interpunctuation)?
it won't let me for some reason zoom in when choosing a destination up close i can zoom out but not right in

i'm trying to attach a picture of what i mean by the places not being on the map properly but file is too big

alexhob123

05 Aug 2018 23:36

this is what i mean by the names not being on the map
https://pasteboard.co/HxPk4wG.png
okay i know now about not zooming in on the map but i just posted about what i mean with the names not being on the map correctly
Last edited by bmwGTR on 06 Aug 2018 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged triple post, PLEASE use the edit button

Josh0

05 Aug 2018 23:39

You zoom in/out in the World Map by clicking the "+" or "-" buttons in the bottom right corner of the window, or by rotating your mouse's scroll wheel.

As shown in your picture, those cities are outside of the ProMods area, the background map provided by ProMods does not cover those areas. In addition it may not be possible to extend the background map further even if we wanted to, see this: Background map.

And please edit your posts to add more information, instead of making several new posts in a short period of time.
Last edited by Josh0 on 06 Aug 2018 00:06, edited 2 times in total.

alexhob123

05 Aug 2018 23:40

okay thanks Josh0 i know understand why htis is happeing

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information