Stuttering in game

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Mace71
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 12:43

Hi, I installed Promods the other day and it looks incredible, well done team! But i'm bad performance when playing, especially when the game first loads me in the cab and I look around with TrackIR 5 it jerks around. Also when driving it will sometimes have long pauses in Northern France and Southern UK.

Now it could be my ageing PC (i7 920 [yeah really lol first gen i7], GTX 960 2Gb, 8Gb RAM, Win 10) to blame? I have the settings in game set to Ultra and res at 1920x1080. Are there any setting in the graphics menu that are know resource hogs when running ProMods that I can turn down/off? Is there any way of tweaking ProMods through an .INI file?

Any help welcome as ProMods looks so good I need to get it running :)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 13:37

If you set it to ultra, you ask for stuttering ;)

You can tone down the mirror settings, or grass setting. Also lowering the scaling can save a lot.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Cipus
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 14:35

with your system you better play on 100% scaling and medium graphic settings, if still have under 30 FPS, put on minimum the mirrors, vegetation, grass, shadows and absolutely don't tray fancy modded trucks with large PMG files, try to stick to normal trucks only :lol: to improve graphics use Next-Gen graphic mod by Damian, but without vegetation
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Mace71
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2018 15:25

Brilliant, thanks both! I'll have a mess about tonight. Ultra runs great on stock ETS2 but obviously there's a lot more going on with ProMods I haven't taken into consideration so I'll lower my settings :)

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information