Please help improve the FPS in ETS2

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
TheNuvolari
It’s my birthday

31 Aug 2018 17:01

First of all, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum and sorry for my English.

Maybe this isn't best for my first post, but hopefully it's fine.

I have an average PC. My games run quite well, never below 40 FPS. Except Euro Truck Simulator 2. For example: Assetto Corsa runs on 110FPS on almost Highest settings, The Forest: Minimum 40FPS on high settings.
I've been lurking on the SCS and Promods forums for like a year, but still nothing note-worthy improvement. I have tried everything just to improve the performance of this game. And I'm not just talking about the Promods areas here. The situation isn't different on the standard SCS map either.

But at the same time, I would like the game to look decent too. And, let's be honest; below high settings, the game isn't really pretty.
I'm using Next-Gen Graphic Mod by DamianSVW and reshade 3.4.1 (currently using evtevred's 'More realistic lighting 2'), because without this, the game looks grey-ish. I'm also using Anti-Aliasing through Nvidia Inspector, but it makes the game extremely blurry while using it with ReShade.

My graphics settings in-game:
Scalling: 100% (as I said before, I'm using the AA of Nvidia Inspector)
Vertical Sync: Enabled

HDR: currently off because of the ReShade preset I'm using, while using a different one it's enabled
MLAA: Of course it's disabled, it kills the performance a lot & It must be disabled in order to FXAA of ReShade to work (well FXAA doesn't really improve the AA either)
DOF: Enabled
Color Correction: Enabled, it's a recommendation of the Next-Gen Graphic Mod
Vegetation Detail: High
Grass Density: High (Yeah, i guess it should be on low, but the roadside vegetation on the Promods areas is so damn cool!)
Weather Quality: High
Reflection Quality: High
Shadow Quality: Medium
Mirror Quality: everything what is connected to the mirrors is low
Texture Quality: High
Anisotropic Filtering: I don't really know what this does, so it's on minimum most of the time.
Normal Mapping: Disabled
Secondary Vehicle Lights: Enabled
Headlights Distance: Medium
Pedestrians: Enabled

My mods -NOTE: I'm using all of them-
Promods, Rusmap, Ekeri trailers by Kast, VAK trailers by Kast, SCS Trailerpatch, Jazzycat's Motorcycle, Truck and Traffic Pack, HN immersive symbols, Scania S&R and T by RJL+ R4 modifications. MAN TGX E6 by MADster, two skins, 50K addons&wheels, P8 Scania accessories&lights, Hella Lights by Obelihnio, Sisl's Megapack, Next-Gen Graphic Mod (only vegetation), Realistic Graphics mod by Frkn64.
Am I using too many mods?

My PC specs:
4GB ram
Intel™ Core I3 550 3.2 Ghz (Yeah, it's ten years old, but does the job at other games really well)
ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB (Could be bottlenecked by the CPU?)
Windows 10 Pro
The game is on the Hard Drive (C:), in order for the game to run a little better.

I have tried the following performance improving methods, with no luck or barely any difference:
[media]https://youtu.be/t9AGcZPoVCs[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/1ljHyymVfvc[/media]

http://lowbudgetgamerpc.blogspot.com/20 ... ation.html
Tried to opitmize my game with this Guide.
Tried almost everything on the SCS forum on the 'Nvidia Inspector and the latest update' thread.

My currently modified Nvidia Inspector settings:
AA Compatibility: 0x080012C1
Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames: 8
Triple Puffering: On
AA Gamma Correction: On
AA Mode: Override any application setting
AA Setting: 2x Multisampling
AA Transparency Multisampling: Enabled
AA Transparency Supersampling: 2x Supersampling
Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance

Already tested these AA Compatibility settings:
0x000010C5
0x084012C5
0x000010C1
0x080012C5

As I said before, these settings with ReShade enabled makes the game extremely blurry. Without any AA the games looks extra sharp, but there are gigantic jaggies everywhere (scalling will totally eliminate my FPS)

So, a few FPS improving tips, or fresh Nvidia Inspector setting would be really welcomed.

Hopefully you haven't fall into boredom while reading this. :)

Thank you so much in advance, and keep truckin',

TheNuvolari

Ademm Baysan

24 Sep 2018 08:09

The problem is definetly your ram. Your graphics card is more than enough for the game, but 4 Gigs of ram is just not enough for ETS2, and especially for a mod like Promods. You should invest in a 2x4 GB (or 8x8 GB for future proofing) Ram. Should definetly make it buttery smooth, trust me! You should probably think about replacing the CPU too, but it should do for now.
Anisotropic filtering sharpens distant textures and those viewed on an angle. It has mininal performance impact.

sikejsudjek
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2018 22:29

If I was you I'd
Turn reflections to medium. High is a big hit. Turn DoF off it also lowers fps and just blurs things in the distance. Stick the anisotrophic filtering up to max. Minimal performance hit and much better graphics.

The major problem is your cpu. This game needs a very high single core speed. Its badly optimised - and the worst game I play for performance except for fsx flight sim which is also a dx9 based game. This is why you can play other games much better - they push more to the gpu. DX9 requires a lot of cpu power vs gpu.

However - no hardware will get rid of all fps drops in this game. Its a limitation of the game engine until SCS more to a new api (if they ever do).

TheNuvolari
It’s my birthday

04 Oct 2018 17:58

Many thanks for the reply guys. :D I think I'll upgrade my PC after Christmas! :)

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information