[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

18 Feb 2019 22:38

@ajc176, what is your problem then? download not starting or not completing?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Charles.ngugi1

19 Feb 2019 01:21

I am getting the message;

"You're using the free download service and have exceeded your connection limit of 2 concurrent download threads. The free download service is also limited at 300KB/sec per download thread in order to ease the load on our servers and to keep it fair for other people downloading.

You'll need to wait for your current download(s) to complete before attempting another download."

This is despite not having any downloads open.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2019 07:35

Charles.ngugi1 wrote:
19 Feb 2019 01:21
I am getting the message;

"You're using the free download service and have exceeded your connection limit of 2 concurrent download threads. The free download service is also limited at 300KB/sec per download thread in order to ease the load on our servers and to keep it fair for other people downloading.

You'll need to wait for your current download(s) to complete before attempting another download."

This is despite not having any downloads open.
Well actually, your IP does have downloads open. You're using a 3G/4G provider with a shared IP address:
netname: SFC-GPRS-EDGE-3G-SERVICE-POOL2

Keep retrying throughout the day or use the paid option.
Promods Server Administrator

jk123
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2019 12:15

I'm trying to download the latest promods. There's unfortunately just one problem. When I'm trying to download the mod, I'm getting limited without having any downloads going

Pic: https://imgur.com/bmgiwPK

Dawid2849
Developer

19 Feb 2019 12:25

Try other browser. (I recommend Microsoft Edge if you use Windows 10)

elpollo-loco9

19 Feb 2019 15:41

I'm using Google Chrome and I have the same problem, I can't download any file, pls fix it
Barcelona, República de Catalunya

ScuL
Founder

19 Feb 2019 22:07

jk123 wrote:
19 Feb 2019 12:15
I'm trying to download the latest promods. There's unfortunately just one problem. When I'm trying to download the mod, I'm getting limited without having any downloads going

It could be that you are on a SHARED internet connection (Mobile, CG-NAT, University or Work network).
In those cases you need to wait until the other downloads have finished before you can start.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ScuL
Founder

19 Feb 2019 22:14

There is nothing to fix. There are only two reasons why this would happen:

1) Somebody else on your IP address is using multiple threads (which means you are using shared internet, CG-NAT, mobile network, or work/university network) -> wait until they are ready.
2) Your software configuration/browser/download accelerator is starting more than 2 downloads at the same time. Use a different browser.

BrySkye
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2019 13:17

Something seems a little off at least. I had the same problems at the weekend and had to try a LOT, despite definitely not being on a mobile network and doing a few tests to confirm I'm not on a CG-NAT either.
I've had no problems at all using either download method in the past, and had downloaded the free version as recently as December 31st, before having to do a complete windows reformat last month.
Nothing has changed in terms of my internet or ISP since then, but here we are.

elpollo-loco9

20 Feb 2019 18:15

Ok, my problem was the second, with Google Chrome and Opera I could not download it but with Mozilla Firefox I could.
How can I download it with Google Chrome or Opera? I never use Mozilla Firefox and I prefer to download it with one of these two.
I never use a download accelerator and I don't know if it was activated accidentally.
Barcelona, República de Catalunya

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information