Closing down after loading half way through

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
bengt.jensie
Posts: 240
Joined: 19 May 2015 09:07
Contact:

19 Oct 2018 00:21

Okay, it was just a hunch! Hope you find a solution!

User avatar
McGistics
Posts: 80
Joined: 21 Jan 2018 18:41
Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Contact:

19 Oct 2018 00:34

Wolfseye wrote:
18 Oct 2018 23:43
I'd say there seems to be an issue with Promods and the city "Erfurt" because for some reason it seems not to be able to create a first job there.
How many times do I keep telling people with problems deactivate all your mod including the trailer mods and aload promods by it self and see if that works and if it does then you know it another mod. Are all your mods updated and from the steam workshop. All the mods I use are from Steam workshop and are updated and working without a crash or shutdown.

User avatar
Josh0
Posts: 1690
Joined: 20 Dec 2015 02:10

19 Oct 2018 01:25

McGistics wrote:
19 Oct 2018 00:34
How many times do I keep telling people with problems deactivate all your mod including the trailer mods and aload promods by it self and see if that works and if it does then you know it another mod.
@McGistics, if you look closely at this post Wolfseye did try ProMods alone (with the ProMods TCP) and his game still failed to load:
Wolfseye wrote:
18 Oct 2018 21:13
Now all other than Promods is gone. yet it still crashes to desktop before loading ends.
----------------------------------
Wolfseye wrote:
18 Oct 2018 23:43
I'd say there seems to be an issue with Promods and the city "Erfurt" because for some reason it seems not to be able to create a first job there.
@Wolfseye I agree with you that something is amiss in Erfurt (we have seen one other report of the same problem) but so far the ProMods team has been unable to reproduce the problem in our own games. There are two workarounds you can try:
  1. Reset the game economy to force the game to select a different starting company. The procedure to reset your game economy is explained in this post: Game may crash when adding ProMods to an existing profile. Don't worry that you have a different symptom than what is described in the first part of that post, I am just pointing you to the procedure.
    - OR -
  2. Start a new profile but choose a different starting city.

Wolfseye
Posts: 78
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 10:05

19 Oct 2018 11:34

McGistics wrote:
19 Oct 2018 00:34
How many times do I keep telling people with problems deactivate all your mod including the trailer mods and aload promods by it self and see if that works and if it does then you know it another mod. Are all your mods updated and from the steam workshop. All the mods I use are from Steam workshop and are updated and working without a crash or shutdown.
And how many times did I need to post that I already did that ? Is it so hard to read ? If you reply, at least dont take people for stupid from the start.
Thanks.

Edit:
Josh0 wrote:
19 Oct 2018 01:25
@Wolfseye I agree with you that something is amiss in Erfurt (we have seen one other report of the same problem) but so far the ProMods team has been unable to reproduce the problem in our own games. There are two workarounds you can try:
  1. Reset the game economy to force the game to select a different starting company. The procedure to reset your game economy is explained in this post: Game may crash when adding ProMods to an existing profile. Don't worry that you have a different symptom than what is described in the first part of that post, I am just pointing you to the procedure.
    - OR -
  2. Start a new profile but choose a different starting city.
I started a new profile. Different city, and voila, it works. ;) So if thats not proof that there is some wrong with Promod and that city "Erfurt", then I dont know. Thanks for your help !
Last edited by Davyddin on 19 Oct 2018 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your posts instead of multiposting

User avatar
McGistics
Posts: 80
Joined: 21 Jan 2018 18:41
Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Contact:

19 Oct 2018 16:10

I Used the developer window and a transport to Erfurt with goto erfurt command and no game crash or shutdown as shown in the first image and you can see the garage in the second image and its load with other maps and mods as well and still no problems so a big thank you to the mod makers and developers for updating there mods on steam workshop. Why your having problems I do not know and this even the Promods team are telling you cannot find there error on there system so it must be something your doing wrong. There is also Afro map and PJ indo map running as well and still works.
Best Regards Adrian
Image
Image
Last edited by Davyddin on 19 Oct 2018 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: As per https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-3e avoid using colour excessively and unnecessarily. As per https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-3k avoid quoting excessively and unnecessarily.

Wolfseye
Posts: 78
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 10:05

19 Oct 2018 16:19

Of course, must be me. I probably never setup the Game with these mods before. What was I thinking.

Besides, all you say is that you can travel there and see no problem. If you would have followed what I said, you would have noted that in my case I chose ERFURT as the starting city, not drove there from somewhere else. Its not my first round in this game, there is something wrong.

I will create another profile like that later or tomorrow, with again only Promods and starting in ERFURT. Would be funny if that would be happening again, would it ?

User avatar
Davyddin
Moderator
Posts: 1640
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 22:00
Donation rank:
Location: Helsingfors, Nyland, Finland
Contact:

19 Oct 2018 16:47

McGistics wrote:
19 Oct 2018 16:10
I Used the developer window and a transport to Erfurt with goto erfurt command and no game crash or shutdown as shown in the first image and you can see the garage in the second image and its load with other maps and mods as well and still no problems so a big thank you to the mod makers and developers for updating there mods on steam workshop. Why your having problems I do not know and this even the Promods team are telling you cannot find there error on there system so it must be something your doing wrong. There is also Afro map and PJ indo map running as well and still works.
McGistics, this is now the second time you are giving false statements and misleading advice in this thread. Please do not comment any more on topics you do not understand. Further attempts will lead to a warning.

As Josh0 already stated, the team agrees that something indeed seems to be amiss in Erfurt under specific circumstances, but for some reason we are unable to reproduce the issue.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

User avatar
McGistics
Posts: 80
Joined: 21 Jan 2018 18:41
Location: Newcastle Under Lyme
Contact:

19 Oct 2018 18:03

Wolfseye wrote:
19 Oct 2018 16:19
Of course, must be me. I probably never setup the Game with these mods before. What was I thinking.

Besides, all you say is that you can travel there and see no problem. If you would have followed what I said, you would have noted that in my case I chose ERFURT as the starting city, not drove there from somewhere else. It's not my first round in this game, there is something wrong.

I will create another profile like that later or tomorrow, with again only Promods and starting in ERFURT. Would be funny if that would be happening again, would it ?
Here is what I did to recreate what you mentioned as follows.
I just created a New Profile as you mentioned. I chose Erfurt for my starting Location.
Then let the game load. Once loaded and put me in a job start location I exited the game.
I then activated the ProMods and Trailer Mods only.
Then I restarted ETS 2 and it loaded and worked ok.
I then completed the first job from Leipzig to Wilnet without any problems.
Then I was taken to the first garage that looks like a run down garden shed.
I Then selected a new job and created a save.
There was no problems or game crash.
I know you mentioned you created a new profile but when you use your original profile did you use any other mods and maps with that one before hand because that might be your problem.
I have had a similar problem to yours before were I used mods and maps then deactivated them and reactivated them and deactivated them again and that sometimes created problems for me.
I have uploaded a game log and crash log to my Google Drive so you and you Promods developers can view them below and might help but you will notice no problems in the logs .
If your still having problems then can you create a video on Youtube for us and developers to look at and someone might spot your problem and help you.
Could I also ask where your job started from and ended so I can so the same job or route and see if I have the same problem as you and if I do will create a post with the logs for the developers to view.
Hopefully someone reading this will correct me on this one but I noticed on earlier comments people are saying a similar thing as I am and pointing out your job is not loading.
Davyddin I respect what your saying as a moderator but do not lector me because I am trying to help the lad out.
I doing what any kind hearted person would do trying help him find a solution to the problem and there no false comments in my posts either if you read all the way throw you will notice that others are saying the same thing as I am.
Hopefully developers who read this post will help him find a solution so he can enjoy ProMods like the rest of us because I cannot think of anything else but will try to help anyone if asked.
Best Regards Adrian

Game crash log.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uFcq67 ... sp=sharing

Game Log
][/url]

Edit:

Update:: I think I might of found the problem. I mentioned by others a job is missing. Here is what I loaded ETS2 with promods and other maps including Afro Map and PJ Indo Map started a job from Bizarte and continued to south of italy by ferry and drove into the city and onto the motorway. Parked up and exited ETS2 to profile screen and selected mods screen and deactivated Afro Map and PJ Indo Map. Then I started to load ETS 2 with other maps and Promods the it crashed. I looked at the log and can see missing Jobs. This make me think it not so much a problem with Promods but with the last delivery job failing to load. I might be wrong so feel welcome to view my Game.log and Crash.log I uploaded to my Google Drive with the links provided:: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CzNaZ0 ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cekwh1 ... sp=sharing
Best Regards Adrian

Edit:


Update::
This seems to be a problem with ETS2 itself because I deactivated all my mods and the same problem persists so there can only be one thing that is causing it. Missing mods in the profile and as to be something to do with profile scripts being messed up and trying to load something that is not there. I also seeing <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1a5.8353.27c0' of type 'oversize_offer' has dangling pointer (to 'spec_offer.ovesize_100b') in the attribute named 'offer_data'. and no idea what it means and could be what's causing missing job and I can see the map zones are ProMod so maybe there is a Problem with ProMods and Apologies to all for arguing the point and hopefully some can resolves this soon.
Best Regards Adrian.
Last edited by Davyddin on 21 Oct 2018 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quotes; please do not quote the post above yours/Merged posts; please edit your posts instead of multiposting



Post Reply
  • Information