Baltic DLC not showing even with 2.33

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ladlon

03 Mar 2019 05:08

Hi. I've been playing ETS2 with Promods fine for a very long time, no problems.

I have all the map DLC, and bought Beyond The Baltic fairly soon after it became available (pre-Promod2.33)... completely understanding that it would not show up until Promods 2.33.

When Promods 2.33 arrived, I downloaded it... and tonight, I installed it (sucessfully).

However, when I look at the world map, I only see the Promods version of the Baltic region (There's not much East of Helsinki). St Petersburg is not there, for example.

Everything seems installed fine... ETS2 1.34.0.25s (64bit)... Promods 2.33.

I even uninstalled Beyond The Baltics momentarily, then reinstalled it... but I get the same result.

Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to verify that the ETS2 map DLCs are actually loaded (when Promods is also loaded)? It's hard to tell if any scenery is the ETS2 map DLC or the Promods mod.

Win7 64bit

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2019 07:35

Nothing wrong here, the baltic merge will come with 2.40. 2.33 was only an unplanned compatability update, since 2.40 is not quite ready yet.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

ladlon

03 Mar 2019 08:37

Hi. Thanks for the response!

Oh, okay. I thought that last update WAS the compatibility mod for the Baltic DLC. Well, that's a relief...

So, I guess the only question still remaining, is how DO you tell if the ETS2 map DLC is actually working? Without Promods, it would be easy enough, as you'd see the map screen showing the expanded areas. But, with Promods installed, you can't rely on that, as the expansion in the map you're seeing could be either by Promods OR the DLC... and there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish that. The only other way, would be to visit a location with (say) a destinct landmark... but then you'd still have to be able to distinguish if that landmark is from Promods or the DLC (....which you MIGHT be able to do, if you had reference images from both, so you could determine which of the two you are seeing presently in the sim. So, I'm not really sure how you can check if the DLC is working.

Granted, if it is checked in your DLC list, it SHOULD be installed and running... but there's no certainty of that. I always found it odd that ETS2 itself doesn't have an internal list of map mods installed... just the 3rd party stuff is listed... unless I'm missing some display somewhere!

fropmeister

03 Mar 2019 08:47

PM extensively uses assets, models, etc. from the DLCs. If the DLCs weren't installed, you'd see that PM was incompatible in the mods manager. And if they were corrupt, ETS2 would be crashing on lots of odd things, both with and without PM installed.

So it's pretty certain that if you have a working ETS2 and a happy Promods install, and nothing's crashing, all your DLCs are alive and well. But you're right, in many instances there is often no obvious way to tell if what you're looking at is from ProMods or from the base game/DLC.

ladlon

04 Mar 2019 15:49

Awesome. Thanks for your help, guys!

dalmatian666

07 Mar 2019 10:32

least yours works, i try to load promods with rusmap now it just crashes after a 15 minute loading screen ever since i bought the baltic dlc...

Shiva

07 Mar 2019 12:04

dalmatian666. You have an unofficial "RusMap-map_v1.8.1.scs", that is NOT compatible with ProMods map mod. Use the original "RusMap-map_v1.8.1.scs" instead.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

07 Mar 2019 15:38

dalmatian666 wrote:
07 Mar 2019 10:32
least yours works, i try to load promods with rusmap now it just crashes after a 15 minute loading screen ever since i bought the baltic dlc...
Please post your game.log.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information