[2.45] Something dimms the image between Mafraq and Ruwaished

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
rado84

02 May 2020 15:26

Vøytek wrote:
02 May 2020 12:54
On the second video, when you drive in the tunnel, it's brighter indeed. Then you leave the tunnel and it's dimmed - but isn't it realistic? If you use your phone in full sun, you can't see anything (unless you increase screen brightness). If you have 50% brightness for example, it'll be enough to see your screen in a tunnel. So it's just a feeling. The brightness stays the same, but the environment around you changes and makes the screen (dashboard in this case) less shiny.
OfficialDOWL wrote:
02 May 2020 12:38
I see what you're talking about (I think). The interior appears to dim slightly because the cameras auto-exposure is reacting to the bright surface of the snow, reducing the brightness so you can see the road clearly. In extreme cases this slightly dims the interior view. Hence you don't see this in the base game because there aren't extreme cases where the scenery is bright white like in Iceland or Svalbard, so you don't notice the AE.
The dashboard doesn't have a light sensor to detect light and change brightness. Essentially it's a mechanical thing with one or two light bulbs behind it (or a LED bulb, maybe), so it can't change its own brightness. I agree it might be somewhat realistic in day light. But in day light when in the shade, if anything, the gauges should be even brighter and get dimmed only at direct sun light. If you don't understand me, set your phone's brightness to (for example) 30% and then turn the screen directly to the sun. You won't see much, if anything at all. But if you go in the shade, you'll see quite a lot. But in the game it's the opposite - direct sun light doesn't change dashboard brightness and when in the shade, it gets dimmed. And what about the night? The screenshots I posted above were taken at night with an interval of a few seconds from each other and there were no external light sources to cause that dimming and yet it happened.

Btw, when I used to play with RusMap only (because it took me a while to understand how to combine ProMods with RusMap, so for months I was playing with RusMap only) I never had such a dimming problem. There's no dimming in the original SCS areas. So far I've noticed it in the Muslim world, Cyrpus, Serbia, Macedona, Greece, Ireland, Spain... Based on this I can say it happens only in modded sections.

As for Rudi's post, I'll test that further on multiplayer cuz I've seen it there several times. It's more convenient that way cuz TruckersMP is basically a vanilla game with one map mod - yours. I can't disable mods in single player because there are other visual mods for the truck that you don't see and if I disable them, the game will crash which will corrupt my profile. I'll record the whole time while I'm on TruckersMP, so the dimming is bound to be recorded. Nevertheless, I gotta say I doubt the culprit is a mod. I had the same mods with ProMods 2.43 (the same mods and their versions I have even now) and never had this dimming problem. It started happening with 2.45.

And don't take me wrong - I'm not here to spin yams or to just chat with you, guys. I'm here because I see problems and report them because I like promods. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't register on the forum and wouldn't bother reporting anything.
Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

Vøytek
Developer

02 May 2020 15:47

As I said, the dashboard screen's brightness doesn't change. At least not in the second video, after you exit the tunnel (0:42). That's the one I was referring to. The screen feels dim because of more light around.
And yes - that's exactly what I meant, you won't see anything in direct sun with low screen brightness.

As for the night shot in ME area - no idea what could cause that.

You're the first player to ever report such thing, so it's really hard for us to investigate, if not even impossible if it happens only for you. Even if it's somehow bound to a certain location on our map - there's no "setting" for such dimming effect anywhere, so we can't tweak that.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

02 May 2020 16:38

I wasn't talking about the dashboard brightness. I meant the game was adjusting the exposure to stop the road appearing to bright. This is not a ProMods issue. Don't know what's going on at night though.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

02 May 2020 16:44

rado84 wrote:
02 May 2020 15:26
I can't disable mods in single player because there are other visual mods for the truck that you don't see and if I disable them, the game will crash which will corrupt my profile.
what you think how we check bugs, with our modded profiles?
profiles are for free, means you create many more. i tell it now the last time, check issues with a CLEAN profile. if you don´t have a clean one, create a new one.
and we must see your game log.

we are thankfully about every bug report, but we have some rules for it. follow them, or you don´t need to report any. and i told it you now 3 times?
No Support via PM!

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information