Gameplay issues posted to installation tutorial thread

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 10:38

Volleybal4life wrote: :geek: Never erver had any problems with Google Chrome, Chromium, Iron, Firefox, Opera, IE or Maxthon. :geek:

I really can't understand what you guys are doing when you download Promods :P :?:
I use Chrome and, when I run the DEF generator twice without closing my browser in between, it spits out a corrupt file, so my guess is people are double clicking the "Generate" button.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 16:16

Jan Verschueren wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote: :geek: Never erver had any problems with Google Chrome, Chromium, Iron, Firefox, Opera, IE or Maxthon. :geek:

I really can't understand what you guys are doing when you download Promods :P :?:
I use Chrome and, when I run the DEF generator twice without closing my browser in between, it spits out a corrupt file, so my guess is people are double clicking the "Generate" button.
That's what I don't understand, why would you click twice? It's not saying you must click twice.....
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

LoaderSaints

04 Oct 2014 06:43

Some people who are not used to using computers tend to double-click everything, or at least that's what I've noticed...

Trakt0rdeck

26 Oct 2014 22:47

Good evening, honorable members of ProMods.

I have a slight issue with the def-file (as many before me) where the interior sound and damage level remains in their default stages despite having chosen different options when downloading the def-file.

And so I wonder, should I try editing the game_data.sii file in the ETS2 installation folder as well? I've watched a tutorial video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kflAEBW7_kw) of how to open the .scs-files in the main folder, where the narrator suggest that I copy the .scs file I need to edit to a seperate folder and use the scs extractor to reach the files. After this it gets a bit fuzzy for me however. If I have extracted the .scs-file and edited the files that was extracted from it in a seperate folder, how do I apply the changes in the original, unextracted .scs-file in the game folder?

Thank you in advance.

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Oct 2014 22:51

Pack it with the right folder structure in a zip file, rename it to *.scs (actually not even necessary, just to distinguish it as a mod from other zip files :D ) with packing method only store. Done.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Trakt0rdeck

26 Oct 2014 22:57

ETS2-User wrote:Pack it with the right folder structure in a zip file, rename it to *.scs (actually not even necessary, just to distinguish it as a mod from other zip files :D ) with packing method only store. Done.
That easy huh? Wow, thanks! :)

Edit: I created a zip-file and changed the name to def.scs and overwrote the original file, but the game will now not be able to start. The error message reads: "The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now."

I suppose it is the folder structure that is incorrect. Any ideas?

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Oct 2014 00:23

When you open the mod there should be the folders like material, def, map, model, whatever, make sure theres no folder in between. Also, did you set packing method only store?

Trakt0rdeck

27 Oct 2014 00:29

ETS2-User wrote:When you open the mod there should be the folders like material, def, map, model, whatever, make sure theres no folder in between. Also, did you set packing method only store?
After extracting the def.scs file there were two folders and one .scs file there. The folders were "custom" and "def" and the .scs file was "def.scs", although it is only 1557 kB in size.

Also, when you say "only store", do you speak of whether or not the file was compressed?

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Oct 2014 00:38

The def folder is the one you need.
And dont compress it at all, only pack and save it. There's the option "store" in winrar.
Maybe we should move this to another topic...

Trakt0rdeck

27 Oct 2014 00:47

ETS2-User wrote:The def folder is the one you need.
And dont compress it at all, only pack and save it. There's the option "store" in winrar.
Maybe we should move this to another topic...
Yes, I feel like this has little to do with the installing process. My bad. I made another reply in a more suitable topic though, if you'd be interested in helping a fellow trucker out: http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2531

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information