[1.84] Game lag then Crash

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
A Scrub

02 Mar 2015 03:31

Hey,

So ever since I first got ProMods I have this issue where the game just crashes randomly, mostly when I enter any city. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the game log:

SHAMAN

02 Mar 2015 04:25

A Scrub wrote:Hey,

So ever since I first got ProMods I have this issue where the game just crashes randomly, mostly when I enter any city. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the game log:
To start disable or upgrade your version of events:

00:00:30.323 : Mounting extra package: C:/Users/Preston/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/more realistic weather.scs

00:00:31.277 : [zipfs] more realistic weather.scs: read ok, 462 entries [0xe790b5fb]

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2015 04:29

The mod puts a lot more strain on your computer hardware than the base game and you're basically running out of memory.

Unfortunately, you appear to have a basic "e-mail, web browsing and multimedia"-type computer, which, though it clears the CPU speed requirement by some margin, is only really adequate for the base game.
If you haven't already, you can try dialing the graphics settings right back (big computer power "consumers" are anti-aliasing and shadows). Doing so has helped several users playing on laptops.
This is actually a sacrifice I make myself because my 5-year-old "powerhouse" is starting to not cut it anymore in the games department and the anti-aliasing doesn't seem to help the mirrors, where it is needed most. So I do without it and high detail shadows as a trade-off to liquid smooth performance on most of the map.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

A Scrub

02 Mar 2015 19:58

Jan Verschueren wrote:The mod puts a lot more strain on your computer hardware than the base game and you're basically running out of memory.

Unfortunately, you appear to have a basic "e-mail, web browsing and multimedia"-type computer, which, though it clears the CPU speed requirement by some margin, is only really adequate for the base game.
If you haven't already, you can try dialing the graphics settings right back (big computer power "consumers" are anti-aliasing and shadows). Doing so has helped several users playing on laptops.
This is actually a sacrifice I make myself because my 5-year-old "powerhouse" is starting to not cut it anymore in the games department and the anti-aliasing doesn't seem to help the mirrors, where it is needed most. So I do without it and high detail shadows as a trade-off to liquid smooth performance on most of the map.
Ahh, thanks for the good ideas, possibly lowering some of the ultra settings I use will help! I'll try this and report back if it has worked :)

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information