Worldmap not in shape/Framedrop/Loadingtimes

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Velaja

10 May 2015 21:37

Hi..

Since i have installed ProMods 1.91 (with fix for ETS2 1.17.1s) i have some problems.

First of all, my Worldmap is not in Shape. It looks like this ..
How can i fix this?

Used Mods:
ProMods 1.91
Realistic weather sound

Second Problem ..
Since i use Promods 1.91 i have VERY long loadingtimes. Normally everything loads withing 3 seconds, because of my hardware. ETS2 is installed on my SSD, so i have extremely fast loadingtimes normally. But now i need ages to load something ingame.

Third Problem ..
Since i use Promod 1.91 i have massive framedrops on some places, except Hamburg, or Amsterdam. In other big cities i didn't noticed such problems yet.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

24 May 2015 20:53

The realistic weather mod overrides the section in gamedata.sii which stores the parameters for the world map, so it now appears shifted to you. You need to alter the load order of your mods (by adding zz's on the front of the ProMods file names), so it becomes the last mod to load, except if you're using Poland Rebuilding or Rusmap, both of those need to load after ProMods and Rusmap requires a fix or it will shift the map again.

There is indeed a marked difference in load times between the "vanilla" and a ProMods modified game, even on an SSD. There is no way around that, sorry.

ProMods does load one's system in many areas (Slovenia, e.g.). If you're not already doing so, play the game in 64-bit mode (if you launch it via your Steam library you get the option) and with DirectX graphics (not available on MacOS or Linux). It really is a lot smoother in 64-bit mode and, for me at least, DirectX is 30% faster than OpenGL.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information