Loading bar is full but the game won't start

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Rigelmeister

23 Jun 2015 01:33

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've been having this weird issue: I click on my profile and it starts loading. The loading bar gets all yellow, fully loaded but never goes anywhere and the game is just stuck at this point. When I try shutting down the game through task manager, my cursor gets lost so I can't click anywhere either, thus being forced to reboot computer. After rebooting, I start the game again and voila - it works perfectly.

Just as I've explained, this problem occurs not everytime but occasionally. I really don't understand what causes it to happen or not happen. Since my system is not good, it takes A LOT of time for the game to run and rebooting the computer over and over again makes me lose like 10-15 mins everytime I try driving - it's very annoying.

So here is my game log after the latest crash.

I have Scandinavia and Going East DLC's and am using the latest version of both ProMods and ETS 2.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2015 05:38

Can you try to load the game with only ProMods enabled?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2015 17:58

I have this same thing happen on rare occasions, but for me at least the "three finger salute" (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) bringing up the Task Manager allows me to kill ETS2 immediately. On launching again, the silly thing loads properly.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Rigelmeister

23 Jun 2015 19:32

Volleybal4life wrote:Can you try to load the game with only ProMods enabled?
Is there any indication of what's wrong in game log? I will surely try running the game only with ProMods but to be honest, the game will not taste as good without real traffic and real company mods. :roll: I mean, I would be really glad to get a specific answer as to what's causing this thing. If it's something about mods, only then I wanna "lose" everything except ProMods.

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:I have this same thing happen on rare occasions, but for me at least the "three finger salute" (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) bringing up the Task Manager allows me to kill ETS2 immediately. On launching again, the silly thing loads properly.
Interestingly, the only software scaring my cursor is ETS2. Everything else can just be shut down via Task Manager, as you said; but not ETS2. It feels like the game is saying, "No dude, I am not your regular software. You just can't kill me off like that. If you wish to run me, you gotta respect my rules. Now, reboot. Thanks."

mbman212
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2015 19:45

Real Companies mod is probably causing your issue, so I'd suggest removing that if you have it.

Also, try disabling every other mod except ProMods, and try again. If the problem is gone, enable a mod one-by-one to see which is causing that problem.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2015 01:20

Rigelmeister wrote:Is there any indication of what's wrong in game log?
Well yes, there is a very good indication. Search for <ERROR> in the log and these four entries kind of pop up in your face:

Code: Select all

370. 00:01:06.765 : <ERROR> [unit] File '/def/cargo/barley.dlc_north.sii', line 2:
371. 00:01:06.765 : <ERROR> Included at '/def/cargo.dlc_north.sii', line 10:
372. 00:01:06.765 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'cargo.barley' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'cargo_data').
373. 00:01:06.765 : <ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/cargo.dlc_north.sii)
Line #370 indicates that the cargo of barley in the Going North DLC cannot be loaded because...

Line #372 reports that the name cargo.barley is already taken.

Thus, a 'cargo mod' is generating an error. I note that you are using trailers_and_cargo_pack_by_Jazzycat_v3.2_eng, _part1 and _part2

I am using a slightly newer version without errors:
trailers_and_cargo_pack_by_Jazzycat_v3.2.1_eng, _part1 and _part2

Try "unchecking" the cargo mod and try again.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

mbman212
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2015 01:49

3.3 should be the newest version of Jazzycats trailer pack ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information