Cant extract files (1.97)

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Draagas502

07 Nov 2015 07:01

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:Never forget the "Better Idiot"-rule :lol:
I think John Cleese (of Monty Python fame) states this quite eloquently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvVPdyYeaQU
:lol:
And yet MORE insults to your once proud to be here members!!! HONESTLY?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2015 07:17

Draagas502 wrote: To "Volleybal4life" YOU initiated that PRIVATE Message from the "wrong" forum. Don't give me crap for politely responding in that same forum! I now doubt you ever read a single word in my message anyway. If you had. You would have. Or, should have noted that I had not yet gotten into the game playing stage. In reply to the "Self-help Guide" NO!... it was not the least bit helpful to me. Other than confirming that I did exactly what I was supposed to do, in the correct order I was supposed to do it. As to Uploading and encoding the "games.log.txt" file. IF.. You had read my message you would realize that I have not run a game.. I can NOT upload a file that has NEVER been written!
Well, we only help people who post in the appropriate forum. And not via PM. Asking for help via PM is kinda selfish.
Problems you have, may be the same as other people. So the help you get, could well help other people. If you can't understand that. That's your problem.

I indeed did not really read what you asked me via PM. Simply because I, and the other mods, don't help people asking for help via PM. So I quickly read your PM and thought. 'Here's one asking for help via PM again <sigh...>'.
So yes, indeed, my PM-reply wasn't helpful at all. That's true. Getting helpful replies to problems are found on the forum, not via PM.
The PM you send to me wrote:
Draagas502 wrote:After very carefully going through every step I am neck and neck with you right up to STEP-9. However. As we Round turn four and head into that final straightaway. my horse stumbles and throws me.
You end up with 3 new .scs files and a .txt.. I end up with a new file folder in the extraction dir and one large archive file and the EXE now reporting an unexpected EOF error???

I have no idea what went wrong.. Should I toss everything including DEF and try DL over again? AS long as you tell me I can fill out my card/personal info and Paypal will never see any of it. I'll happily send you any amount you'd like. within reason :)
You obviously didn't follow the tutorial very well. When following the tutorial nothing can go wrong.
And if it does:
1. Your extraction software isn't up-to-date, update your extraction software.
2. Your download is corrupt, try to download again.

We've got more then 200000 members on the forum, and most of those members don't have any problems with the mod AT ALL. Just a handful of people have problems, and most of the time that's an error in one of the two things said above.
So, don't give us a hard time helping you. Be thankful we try to help you.

BTW, that last sentence, are you bribing me to get help?? That's just lame dude....
Draagas502 wrote: Profiles created: 22
Highest level attained: 64
Current profile level: 63
Map coverage: 100.00% x2 + 100.00% for addition of Scandi DLC
--100% map is an achievement that only 1.1% of ALL players have ever achieved!--
Roads explored: 292,064 km.
Game time: 246 days, 22 hours
Trucks: 156
Garages: 39 (26 lrg)
weekly profit: E 5,139,558

Not one profile ever borrowed a penny from the bank! This is after a years dormancy with a level 55 in approximately two weeks. Most spent mapping.
Should I now say 'Wow' or something? I laugh at that list..... You're totally to far into yourself...

But, I do hope that you get the game to work. And happy trucking!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information