Cant extract files (1.97)

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Vøytek
Developer

22 Sep 2015 13:55

That's strange. I don't even remember when I updated WinRAR or 7-zip so I have some very old versions and it worked without problems when using that .exe file... Your files must be corrupted or something.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

22 Sep 2015 15:24

CharlesNewham wrote:Yeah. It is a .exe file, and I do double click on it. I really can't see what is wrong here. Maybe it's because I've opened part one. People have said to open part 1, but other people have said to extract with part 5 ONLY. I'm confused.
There are two ways to extract the part files:
  1. Double-click on the .exe file
  2. Select part1, right-click and use 7Zip (or WinRAR) to extract all files.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

CharlesNewham

23 Sep 2015 12:41

Yep. I did both. I use 7zip, but it just says "Can not open file as a [7z] archive. Unexpected end of data." Maybe it's corrupted, but I've already re downloaded the file. It still doesn't work.

Cyborg_XD

27 Sep 2015 13:17

I'm having the same problem while downloading the mod. All files seem to download fine but when I open the fifth file, the application, into the same folder where I have the other files, it reads "Can not open the file as [7z] archive. Is not archive." This happens even though I downloaded it through chrome and have both the latest versions of WinRAR and 7zip.

ScuL
Founder

28 Sep 2015 01:36

Can you post an image of the contents of your download folder (with all the parts in it and their respective file sizes)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Cyborg_XD

28 Sep 2015 02:14

Ok, so I don't know about Charles but here is what I got. These are the files that I downloaded form Chrome and below the error that occurs when I attempt to extract the files to the same folder.
Attachments
Promods problem.png
Promods problem.png (117.47 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

ScuL
Founder

28 Sep 2015 06:37

It seems you're trying the extract the .exe.
You shouldn't do that.
Either you execute the .exe to unpack it to a folder of choice
OR you use 7-zip and extract only the files named 001/002/003/004.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Cyborg_XD

28 Sep 2015 09:34

OK, I've got it now. Again, I don't know if Charles had the same problem though.
Thanks for the help!

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2015 15:51

<Sigh> What is so difficult about "double-clicking" on the Application (.exe) file?
  1. Hover the mouse cursor over the filename
  2. Click the left mouse button twice quickly (hence "double-click")
  3. Done!
ProMods tries to make the process as simple as possible, and still many have difficulty... :?
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Vøytek
Developer

28 Sep 2015 16:04

Ye. I'll never understand it. People are smart enough to buy the game, install it, register here, download the mod, write the posts... And many, many other things but can't extract files from archive... Come on :/

On the screenshot I can see "promods-v197.exe ... is not archive. So if that's not archive then I'd immediately try other files in this folder, maybe those are archives. Even in the folder view it's recognized as "Application". Every PC user knows that applications are meant to be run by double-clicking on them. It's that easy. Try the most obvious things first, then more complicated. You won't break your PC, just try few solutions yourself and then ask :)
Last edited by Vøytek on 28 Sep 2015 16:10, edited 2 times in total.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information