Time compression issues

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

09 Feb 2017 18:30

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if it is worth me reporting any prefabs, such as companies, service stations, even parts of towns where the time compression is set to the faster setting? There seems to be a lot throughout the map - and I've noticed its not exclusively a Promods issue. Some rest areas in SCS new France have this issue too.

I only bring it up as I use the Tachograph plug in by Supric, and I find myself having to rest a lot sooner than necessary as it eats away driving time.

I'm more than happy to start reporting more detailed bug reports of each area I come across if this is something the team is interested in fixing long term.

Thanks for reading this.

JayCetic

09 Feb 2017 19:00

Please have a look at the link
http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 60#p655923.

Quoting supric here "Just don't press "enter" too fast after stopping the truck. Wait for 1-2 game minutes. If you'll press "enter" too fast - plugin doesn't switch to rest mode, and you will get 9 hrs of driving to your log instead of 9 hrs of rest."
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

09 Feb 2017 21:49

Thanks for that, but what I mean is I can spend 30 minutes driving just collecting a trailer at a certain company in Brussels for example. Whereas if the time compression was slower as it is in most companies this would only use a few minutes driving time. Does that make sense?

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2018 12:12

Hi all, I just wanted to bring this issue up again if I may? Is there any way the map builders can build truckstops, rest areas, toll booths etc using the slower 'city' time compression? I can sometime use up to an hours driving just parking in a truckstop in Germany for example. Using the tachograph plugin it makes it a nightmare! :lol: Another example is the M25/M20 interchange in the UK. Because of the traffic lights used on that particular prefab, it can take over 20 minutes just to drive round a roundabout! I would be extremely grateful if this issue was resolved, although I fully appreciate it will take time to implement.

Josh0

22 Jan 2018 16:33

In principle I agree with you that it would be nice if certain areas had city timescale (1:3) instead of the highway timescale (1:19). I personally get annoyed when a few traffic lights cost me more than an hour of game time. By default all of the map has highway timescale except:
  1. Where a city item is placed. All road segments and prefabs within the city bounds will have city timescale.
  2. A road prefab that has the "slow_time" parameter set to "true".
A city item is also responsible for placing the city name on the world map, and handling the city "discoverability". Most cities have at least one city item. The map editor now complains when a company is outside of a city item, so the developers try to put a city item around all company prefabs. Most of the SCS highway rest/fuel area prefabs have the "slow_time" parameter set to "true".

Other than these places, it would be nice to have city timescale around all traffic lights, construction zones, company driveways, and roads that have low speed limits. But in my opinion, this generally isn't feasible to implement map-wide (it would be a lot of work for very little reward). I do report cities that have highway timescale, so if you find cities that have a name on the world map with highway timescale you can report them. In my opinion, rest/fuel areas on the highway and tollbooth plazas should also be city timescale, but I don't know if such reports will be accepted by the developers.
Last edited by Josh0 on 22 Jan 2018 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2018 21:02

Thanks very much for that explanation Josh!

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information