About Doubles in ProMods

Please report bugs you encounter here.

Please DO NOT report game crashes or installation issues here!
Forum rules
Before you report a bug, please check if the bug is already known:
HERE

2.40 has been released please post issues with 2.40 only
Davyddin
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2018 23:13

I think it would be helpful if you wrote what your home town actually is...
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. Author of the Universal Name Packs, the Profile Jumpstart, and other mods. ATS, ETS2, and STDS player. Swedofinn aka Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Vøytek
Developer

18 Mar 2018 23:45

It would be helpful, if you could do a research on that matter in your language. There might be limited sources in English about it, so it's much harder for us to find anything useful and updated.
Current development work: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bestbugnification

18 Mar 2018 23:50

My hometown is Labunishta but It's not a very large town and big trucks in general are a rare sight, let alone doubles specifically, but I saw one just outside Struga (which is like 15km away) on the Struga-Debar regional road, and I saw the others (like 3 or 4 can't remember correctly) just outside Ohrid on the Ohrid-Kichevo regional road (which is atm being upgraded to a highway). Labunista-Ohrid is the route I traverse often and that's where I've seen them. I don't know where they were going, nor where they came from (whether from/to another country or just in country) but doubles can be driven at least in the part of the country I live in, but suspecting that they are allowed across the country judging by it's size.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

21 Mar 2018 09:24

I could only find a single source (In English) for goods vehicle dimension limits in FYROM. That being the "Maximum permitted weights and dimensions, goods transport - Macedonia (FYROM)" datasheet from the IRU. It says 18m.

Compare that to Hungary's which explicitly states that dual trailer configs are allowed; or Sweden's which just gives a length of 24m, or 25.25m for rigids pulling a semi on a dolly.

License classes aren't very useful, Class CE may be discontinued and not removed from the form. Even if it isn't, the existence of the Class doesn't mean that those vehicles are legal. Class CE licenses might be provided for Macedonians to drive Doubles in Hungary for example.

If you can find another source, awesome! I tried getting onto AMERIT's website (They're the source listed on the IRU document), but it's very slow and seems incomplete (The English section at least).

I don't imagine they're transiting to other countries either. All the documents I could find for Macedonia's neighbours say 18m too. Except (IIRC) Bulgaria, which is 18.35m.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

erkinalp

05 Apr 2018 07:09

Turkey, 18.75m for single trailer (16.5m if semitrailer is shorter than 12m), 22m for doubles.
Class CE may be discontinued and not removed from the form.
Class C drivers cannot have heavy goods trailer attached to their vehicles in Turkey. They still need Class CE even for a single semi-trailer.

erbkaiser

24 May 2018 12:08

Are doubles allowed in Iceland? I was driving there and saw a few double trucks. However it is not listed as being doubles enabled on the first page.
To the best of my knowledge I do not have any mods that allow doubles to spawn where not otherwise allowed, unless this is something in Jazzycat's mods or SISL's trailer packs -- and then still I don't tend to see them in other countries that should not allow doubles.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 May 2018 03:00

Doubles shouldn't spawn in Iceland and they don't spawn in traffic at all. If they're spawning in traffic, it's another mod doing it.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

• Information