[Fixed] [#33742] [2.31] Germany, Heilbronn: No rest area in the city

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
JohnBart
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2018 01:27

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but it was a nasty surprise for me, to say the least.

I was doing an urgent delivery from Nice to Heilbronn, and arrived just before the deadline. However, completing the delivery, I noticed that the city has no rest area whatsoever - I had to drive to Mannheim to get a nice sleep, collecting about half a dozen tachograph offences in the process, and crashing with the guardrail twice, due to dozing off behind the wheel.

I suggest modifying the fuel station prefab of Heilbronn so that we can sleep there, if needed.

Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2018 09:11

considering that not every City in RL has a rest place, this is not a bug. Plan your road better next time.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

JohnBart
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2018 12:04

Your argument may stand for a town or village, or for smaller in-game destinations with no departure companies. Heilbronn, however, is the sixth-largest city of Baden-Württemberg with a population of 123,000 and the rest area finder lists 3 rest areas in its immediate vicinity. So representing a rest area in game as well may not be too far-fetched.

Based on these, I don't think it's too much to ask to consider replacing the fuel station in the city with a prefab that has a truck parking space. But then again, it's the team's call.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

EdgeGladiator

23 Nov 2018 22:38

It's true that it would be better to have a place to sleep in this city :/ Would have to see how that is considered in the future.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2018 22:10

I personally agree that while this may not technically or strictly be a bug per se, but perhaps rather a feature request, it is a very reasonable request.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2022 21:18

Requested feature report #33742
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

30maes

21 Nov 2022 02:12

Fixed in WIP.
Woooo~ Bugs in ProMods are becoming fewer and fewer. ;)

Dark Yellow Team since January 13, 2023
Green Team since July 21, 2023

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information