Parked AI vehicle, is blocking other AI traffic.

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
mitsoswu

09 Nov 2019 01:25

Hi there my name is Dimitri.
Zgorzelec is the name of the city nearby ... just on the north-west side of that city, there is a big "fuel station".
It's on that hiway next to that city.
Now, the cars, trucks and buses can enter on that fuel station, but can not exit ...
... because Promods has placed some vehicles there (parked cars) very close on that, fuel station exit. :P

I noticed this because i was passing there for some sleep and needed some fuel.... and then when i tried to exit, some traffic car
just hit that parked car and STOPED !!.. then some other traffic came behind it and they all played the "horn sound" together, (it was a mess)
but that car was stuck .......... forever !!!! :lol: haha was kinda funny though to watch..

[ i am not sure but, could be that also other stations could have this kind of issue, i don't know ... just saying ]

CptCaribbean

09 Nov 2019 14:05

Please read How to report a bug.

We need coordinates, screenshots / videos, the version you're running...
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2019 22:47

I guess you mean the fuel stations located here:
(sec+0004-0001);16417.8;51.203;-2444.36;0.949795;-0.337893

Checking the prefabs and the AI routes in ProMods 2.42, it seems the AI traffic has no collision detection when passing the speed bumps and the parked AI cars in the fuel stations, so I could not reproduce this issue. The closest visual glitch I got was that long vehicles (mostly trucks, and also sometimes buses) clip into the parked cars when exiting the fuel station. This, however, causes no pile-ups or any other gameplay issues.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

mitsoswu

11 Nov 2019 04:01

Yes they clip into the parked car there and then passing through but, ONLY, if you pass over that spot with "free view camera".
(developer view)
But If you actually "spawn" with your truck in that station, then the AI traffic is hiting that parked car,
stops and anables his alarm lights on..... And that's it, he can't get through, you know ?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 11 Nov 2019 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

JohnBart
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2019 12:25

I spawned with my truck there, but AI traffic still didn't have collision enabled there in 2.42.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

mads1153
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2022 00:59

Hello, mitsoswu.

I can't confirm this bug because AI traffic just goes to through the small road that is left side of the gas station area and rest area.

Also remember add full coordinates to future bug reports.
Check again about how to report a bug correctly: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=939
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.2.5a
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5170,2 hours
ATS: Level 46 and played 776,8 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information