Promods v1.96 doesn't work with beta phase ETS2 v1.20

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
jspence73

26 Aug 2015 11:07

Well mabey We can wait till the full release of 1.20 But on the updates of the ets2 menu they have a new GPS system I think now :)
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 11:30

And? As stated no new build will be released until 1.20 has ended the public beta
Run vanilla if you want (I have a dedicated profile for this) or downgrade ETS2 to 1.19 stable release
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 17:59

TruckerLucker wrote:i just want to say so people don't accidentally download the beta phase and start playing and see oh.. it's not working
and make another 3 billion threads about that it's not compatible, and this is hopefully the only thread that tells people that.
Had you bothered to read the newest posts first, you'd have discovered that you are actually perhaps the 20th person to report this absolutely unexpected news flash... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

jwd_vtc
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 21:42

Hi I just wanted to say that I downloaded the latest beta for ETS2 and ProMods 1.96 does not ..... just kidding ;) ...
I know it doesn't work and the update won't be available until after ETS2 v 1.20.xx is released, I just wanted to lighten the mood of this thread slightly.

In a way, I can understand the reason people are repeatedly reporting the same thing over and over it's part of that "The newest has got to be the best" and "We want everything now" mindset that a lot of people have, it is, in part, the effect of the computer technology age where so many things are now available immediately whereas in the past that wasn't the case,

I am at an age where I remember what it was like before computers existed in the home, well in fact even before calculators existed ... anyone remember slide rules and log tables :lol:

Anyway, all I'm saying is, even nowadays things are not available immediately, ProMods 1.97 will come out when it is ready after SCS release ETS2 v 1.20.xx as final, there is no point in the ProMods team releasing a version that works with the beta, because the code in the beta game could change many times before it is released, so they have to wait until the game is stable, all it takes is a little patience.

jwd.

Moderators:- if you feel that I have said something inappropriate, please feel free to edit or remove my post
CPU: Intel I7-8700k, RAM: 32GB, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB, Audio: SoundBlasterX AE5, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G3 Gold

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2015 23:55

jwd_vtc wrote:I am at an age where I remember what it was like before computers existed in the home, well in fact even before calculators existed ... anyone remember slide rules and log tables :lol:
At sixty-six plus years, I remember the days when I was an apprentice abacist! :lol:

Here is a picture of my new "Pocket PC Abacus". It was just released a few months ago:

I still have and occasionally use my Keuffel & Esser 4083-3 slide rule. It is so much faster than my abacus, even though it is analog and my abacus of course is digital...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

jwd_vtc
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2015 01:41

Now that's what I'm talking about, I love it a digital abacus, and yes I remember those slide rules, mine was slightly different and I can't remember the type sadly, well Fr.Bill you have ten years on me ... just, but you will understand what I mean, things were not instant in those days and they are still not, well apart from instant coffee ;) which reminds me ...

jwd.
CPU: Intel I7-8700k, RAM: 32GB, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB, Audio: SoundBlasterX AE5, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G3 Gold

TruckerLucker

10 Sep 2015 12:50

ScuL wrote:We get daily builds from SCS software so we already knew that 1.20 was not going to work for several weeks :)
"Several weeks" Launched after 4 days, your statement bit you in the ass this time :)

ScuL
Founder

10 Sep 2015 13:05

Might be a language barrier but I'm unsure how to interpret your comment.

Whilst the entire team was developing on 1.19, the few guys in our team that have access to 1.20.x early builds found that ProMods didn't work with it.
Just before the release was stable (we can tell by update frequency from SCS), we decided to move the WIP development to the 1.20.x beta.
After that SCS released the final in 4 days.

The cross-over point from where we move from one version to another is crucial because only 4 of us have access to non-public betas.
We cannot cross-over development when the new version has not gone public (or at least public beta)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Sep 2015 13:07

That's because you only saw the open beta builds and not the closed ones, which were developed in the weeks before. Even more so: the transition between 1.19 and 1.20 was plagued by missing automats. We had to copy 350 automats into our pack, and they were already in 1.96. Yeah, that's how far in advance we knew about this problem...

Anyway, along with 1.97, some extra bug-fixes are also released with the pack for a few weeks now, so this problem isn't much relevant anymore...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information