The Sign Editor: Tutorial

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Dec 2017 19:53

Sorry, where exactly does it go wrong?
Descripe the precise steps what you're doing. Maybe you're missing a setp, and we can only find this out by tracing down your steps precisely. Don't skip details and steps in your description.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Don't let the flag fool you; I'm Dutch, actually

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2017 20:12

Well just from the moment i save it, i don't know with which name where and how to save it so i can use it in the map. If I knew it I would work like much quicker 'cause now i need to wait and i don't have much time to work but anyway could you help me out?

Edit-1:
Adding to that problem i don't know how to make a working parking lot which i could use at the moment...

Edit-2:
Did you get the message?
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 01 Jan 2018 22:25, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting.
Developer for Tregion Germany

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Jan 2018 21:08

Please stop topic bumping and please read my message again... carefully.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2018 14:15

Yes I did it but yea anyway i found the message where Voytek explained it and it was a bit more helpful. But thanks that you have much patience with me!

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 20:17

Well it looks like i can't change my source to my own "modfile" do you know how to fix that? So I could actually change the source to my own "modfile"?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

13 Jan 2018 00:02

I'm not sure what you're actually trying to say here. Please explain your problem clearly and comprehensively, because I don't understand what the problem is.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2018 08:02

So i mean after i have made my sign board i need to save it. I click on the 'save as' button so i can choose where i want to save my template/board. But i when i click at source in the upper left corner, i don't see my own <<mod_file>>. In my case <<mod_gabi>>. I can't change the base to my own folder... So even though i have made one according to your tutorial, it won't appear. Do you know what the problem is? I will provide a photo soon with the problem.

elot360PL
Developer

13 Jan 2018 15:09

(First, i working on 1.28 version because i can't working on this horrible ME from 1.30 version)

I have two mod_ folders, one for ProMods and one for my own. If i creating template and in save choosing source mod_ folder for ProMods, nothing bad happens. But if i choose my (Actually empty) own folder and try to save template there, nothing happens and if i try to save template after click X button (And ask "Do you want save changes?") editor show me message "Error while saving the template".
That means i can't have more than one mod_ folder or i have something wrong with files?

Edit:
Problem solved. Just because i have some my own templates in main game folders game couldn't create new template for mod_ because the name was used. Effects of creating templates without tips from this topics...
Last edited by elot360PL on 14 Jan 2018 12:59, edited 2 times in total.

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2018 12:54

I have looked up on the new editor in 1.30, and it seems like i have got the hang of it :D
First i started to create a template. I have done that. I have also created a new board aswell.
At first i didn't know how to get my board to appear on my new template sign, but seems like i found it out, to add it on "Board ml2".
Does this even look right?
ProMods beta tester

Map developer of standalone Northern Scandinavia map and developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on

ScandinaviaMod forum:
http://scandinaviamod.com/

You can view my rig here:
http://www.game-debate.com/profile/kristoffer94

Gabriel1
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 18:16

So Mandelsoft you got my explanation? I hope you will reply soon. Thanks in advance anyway

• Information