The Sign Editor: Tutorial

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 May 2018 20:27

Our policy has been consistent and strict throughout the years: no legal game, no service.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Tito_zz

16 May 2018 16:52

in my base folder there is only a map folder which is empty.
I am from Argentina (Buenos Aires), Deutschland (Ba) and a small bit from Ελλάδα (Greece) (Θεσσαλονίκη) (Thessanoliki) and I like r o a d s.

arayas

23 May 2018 20:12

Kevin486 wrote:
15 May 2018 12:55
Hello Madelsoft,
I'm working on map editing since a long time but with 1.31 update i got this problem with editable sign editor(everything is okay with def/sing packing etc after save in editor in my map mod scs file) but i cant even save when i adjusted saved boards on the template.Short of the sentence is this everything is ok till i saved boards for template i choosed,but when i choose that temple then click on save for put the sign on the road it gives this error to me on the pic and boards are not comes on template after click on ok.So how can i solve this problem?Could you please help me with that?
I have exactly the same problem. I did some templates before 1.31, now i cant. The log it's empty. If i use "add a new template" i can save the template, but no use because it has no option to edit. If i edit an exisitng template, i get the same message.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Kevin486
Donation rank:

23 May 2018 21:04

Exactly and my game is steam version btw all dlcs are complated.No deficient DLC but i have solved my problem i guess its working now but im getting game crash per new template and i restart the game again and adjust the template i’ve done before game crashed
Last edited by MandelSoft on 23 May 2018 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quoting; please don't quote a full post if it's posted right above yours.

arayas

24 May 2018 17:04

I did my signs in 1.30 and when you click "save" it saves both board and template. In 1.31 when you hit "save" that message pop-up and saves nothing, you loose even the modification you have done to the board itself.
Game log don't show any error, like everything it's fine. I hope they fix this.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 May 2018 21:10

You may not see an error, but we cannot identify the problem without a game log.
From either one of you from a session where this error occurs. Otherwise we are just speculating in the dark.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

w-aiguo

25 May 2018 01:43

Hello, I am a beginner. I tried to translate the text of the signage into the local language. I successfully found some dds files for the signage. By modifying the dds file, I succeeded.
But after updating some of the map DLC, I didn't find DDS files for these signs. I'm confused.
Thank you!

arayas

25 May 2018 16:51

I have posted my gamelog here
Clean game log file, opened the editor, added a sign, edit template, edit board, save ...the rest it's described above. Closed the editor.
The opened map contain just my working sectors, but i have the same error with europe edit.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 May 2018 20:05

That's odd... Normally it would've dumped an error (like i.e. it can't mount a certain directory or it can't find the path).
I do see that it's running from Program Files. Do you have writing permissions there? Maybe it helps to run the game in administrator mode.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

arayas

29 May 2018 20:59

I'm running the game in administrator mode, the permissions are all fine, the game it's bought on Steam and the odd thing it's i can do sign templates in 1.30 version using the same file structure .
My problem was solved for now, but i hope this is not going to be a problem in future updates. Upgrading and downgrading it's not a fun thing. Thank you anyway.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information