Help customizing / skinning base prefabs in ATS

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
TheDrGoldeneye

15 Nov 2016 03:32

Hey everybody, I am currently working on reskinning an ATS Arizona gas station prefab, I have opened the az_gas_station1_chemron.pmd file on blender and made a UV map for changing the color of the gas station. I need help to export the entire gas station model with all the textures that are associated with it. I renamed the model inside blender exported the .pmd file but when I pack it and place it in the mod folder, it does not show up on the map editor. I am unsure if I need to write a custom .sii file because it does not have it. I thought that by just exporting the .pmd file it would work. Heres a screen shot of the .pmd in Blender.
Screenshot (121).jpg
Screenshot (121).jpg (237.47 KiB) Viewed 1401 times

CallumD714
Developer

14 Feb 2017 19:22

You need to define your prefab in a custom prefab.sii folder. Create a prefab.sii folder with a unique prefix (i.e. prefab.name.sii) and paste in this text:
prefab_model : prefab.[unique name][number] {

model_desc: "/prefab/[pmd location].pmd"
prefab_desc: "/prefab/[ppd location].ppd"
use_perlin: false
detail_veg_max_distance: 25
slow_time: true
}
Once you have this sii, put it in the def/world folder and MAKE SURE THAT THE FILE PATH DEFINED FOR THE MODEL IS CORRECT (This messed me up several times and I am a developer :) ) Then pack the mod and the model should be visible in the editor!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information